Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It doesn’t get much hotter than the EGG cookin’ in July! Make sure to keep yourself hydrated with a bit of whatever you’re using for the Beer Can Chicken. Ice Cream Sandwiches are also a great way to stay cool. Looking for some great ideas for a summer cook out? Try out a Pimento Cheeseburger or Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise. Just don’t be surprised if your neighbors stop by for a quick bite when they smell what you’re cooking!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Grill Pork Chops with Flaming Cherry Salsa

NibbleMeThisNibbleMeThis Posts: 2,254
edited June 2012 in EggHead Forum
I have been loving the combination of fresh cherries and pork lately.  Here's one we have made the past two nights.

The chops were rubbed with a basic BBQ rub I made.  Grilled at 375f on my Large for 5-6 minutes a side until 140f internal.

While the chops rested, I sauteed some onion, jalapeno, and serrano a few minutes.  Then I added a bunch of pitted & chopped cherries (let them soak in 1 Tbsp of white wine vinegar first), cilantro, BBQ rub, and brown sugar. 

Another few minutes, I added some warm spiced rum (away from the flame) and then ignited it for a flambe.  (didn't get pictures but my wife did video that part)

I think that was the first time I've flambeed on the Egg but it won't be the last.  I use a cheap 10" saute pan that we got from a wholesale store, it fits perfect in my Large. 

I am LOVING these long daylight days, aren't you?
Knoxville, TN
·

Comments