Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Smoke Daddy on a Big Green Egg

Options
killborn
killborn Posts: 37
edited June 2012 in EggHead Forum
I found a Smoke Daddy Cold Smoke Generator on ebay yesterday. Was curious if this would work on the egg and how it would connect. I contacted the seller and he informed me that that are working on a egg adaptor and it will be available soon.

Any of you familiar with the product and if this would be useful for cold smoking?

Comments

• The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    Not familiar with the product but all you need to do is run a metal dryer hose from the output to the bottom draft door of the egg. Should be able to find everything you need at the hardware store. Let me know how it works out. I'm interested

Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • Logger
    Logger Posts: 309
    Options
    I'm with Cen-Tex but, I plan on using an unused paint can with a flexible hose.
    Smoked cheese is my goal but, what are other things that would be good "cold smoked"?
    OKC area  XL - Medium Eggs
  • Mighty_Quinn
    Mighty_Quinn Posts: 1,878
    Options
    Bacon and salmon...
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    jerky

Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    Options

Like this. You really don't even have to do this cause things take on smoke flavor quick. I will take some of the small pieces from the crap lump left over when I am lazy and don't want to hook all this up and get a small pile of lump going on the fire grate and sit a piece of wood on it and then get a 13*9 pan and fill it with ice and sit it in the plate setter legs up and then put the grate on so whatever you want to smoke is sitting just above an ice bath and your egg will stay under 90 degrees. I do cheese this way all the time and it only takes like 30 minutes to get pretty strong smoke flavor.

• Smoker_Guru
    Smoker_Guru Posts: 372
    Options

I have a Smoke Daddy cold smoker that I use on my vertical smoker quite often. Don't know why it wouldn't work on the EGG. You would just nead a plate to fit in the rails of the bottom door with a hole drilled to fit the Smoke Daddy out put pipe.

Do note that there is a bit of a learning curv to controlling the smoke daddy out put and not letting the wood burn and give you a bitter off taste or just going out. It's not quite as easy as it looks on the web site. All in all I do think it is worth the money.

Scott