Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone enjoyed their Fourth of July weekend and is excited for more warm weather grilling! This week, we’ll be making these two burgers: Stuffed Portobello Mushroom and Caribbean Chicken, and also eating lots of these Ice Cream Sandwiches in honor of National Ice Cream Month! It's time to think about getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

First ribeye on my LBGE

Cookbook_ChipCookbook_Chip Posts: 309
edited June 2012 in Beef
I've had my egg for a few weeks now - and am LOVING IT!  I kept reading how difficult a time people had with getting temps right and it had me a bit scared.  But, I have found that just open 'er up until you are within 20 degrees of your target and start closing down the vents more and more until it kinda stops at what you want.  Maybe some tweaking, but overall, easy!  So, I have done ribs (baby backs and spares), duck, NY strips and some wings.  Last night I did my first thick ribeye (about 1").  I made it with just some EVOO and Montreal seasoning.  I cranked the egg to 600F or so.  Put on the steak for 2 mins, rotate 90.  2 more mins, flip.  2 mins, rotate 90 - 2 more mins.  Basically 4 mins a side.  Flipped once more, shut down the egg for 2 more mins and pulled it.  Perfect and so good!  I added some brussels sprouts with S&P.  Sorry I didn't wipe the plate for my pics - too hungry!

IMG_0802.JPG
3264 x 2448 - 2M
IMG_0803.JPG
3264 x 2448 - 2M
IMG_0804.JPG
3264 x 2448 - 3M
IMG_0806.JPG
3264 x 2448 - 2M
IMG_0807.JPG
3264 x 2448 - 2M
Lovin' my Large Egg since May 2012 (Richmond, VA) ... and makin' cookbooks at http://familycookbookproject.com

Comments