Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

First ribeye on my LBGE

Cookbook_Chip
Cookbook_Chip Posts: 1,299
edited June 2012 in Beef
I've had my egg for a few weeks now - and am LOVING IT!  I kept reading how difficult a time people had with getting temps right and it had me a bit scared.  But, I have found that just open 'er up until you are within 20 degrees of your target and start closing down the vents more and more until it kinda stops at what you want.  Maybe some tweaking, but overall, easy!  So, I have done ribs (baby backs and spares), duck, NY strips and some wings.  Last night I did my first thick ribeye (about 1").  I made it with just some EVOO and Montreal seasoning.  I cranked the egg to 600F or so.  Put on the steak for 2 mins, rotate 90.  2 more mins, flip.  2 mins, rotate 90 - 2 more mins.  Basically 4 mins a side.  Flipped once more, shut down the egg for 2 more mins and pulled it.  Perfect and so good!  I added some brussels sprouts with S&P.  Sorry I didn't wipe the plate for my pics - too hungry!

Lovin' my Large Egg since May 2012 (Richmond, VA) ... and makin' cookbooks at https://FamilyCookbookProject.com
Stoker II wifi, Thermapen, and a Fork for plating photo purposes

Comments