Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Plate Setter

jsnider1987jsnider1987 Posts: 0
edited June 2012 in EggHead Forum
I just bought a plate setter this past weekend and attempted to roast beer chicken.  I lit the grill and put the plate setter with its legs up.  I was unable to get the temperature to 400.  It was dead set at 350 and took longer to cook the chicken than I expected.  So any advice for the next attempt?

I just moved so it was fresh charcoal and another problem might of been that I had two 5 lbs chicken at once...

Comments

• Sgt93Sgt93 Posts: 704
    Just leave the lid open a bit longer. I had two chicks on yesterday and placed the setter down after lighting.  Vents full open, top open a bit longer and you should be fine. 
    XL BGE - Small BGE - A bunch of Webers - A bunch of accessories - Ceramic Grill Works 2-Tier 
    Follow me on Twitter & Instagram: @SSgt93