Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Can anyone top this for strangest thing they've egged?

EggbertsdadEggbertsdad Posts: 804
edited June 2012 in EggHead Forum
Last weekend in an alcohol induced bout of genius I decided to smoke vodka. Don't ask me what inspired me to try this but I stabilized the egg at 145-150 and tossed a small hunk of apple and cherry. It taste about what you would expect. I would serve this to my buddies late to get them to go home.

Actually, it is smelling pretty good over ice.
Sarasota, FL via Boynton Beach, FL, via Sarasota, FL, via Charleston, SC, via The Outer Banks, via God's Country (East TN on Ft. Loudon Lake)

Comments

• njlnjl Posts: 862
    Wouldn't smoking vodka just weaken it by boiling off some of the EtOH?
  • EggbertsdadEggbertsdad Posts: 804
    No boiling...the dome temp was only 150. The vodka was cool to the touch.
    Sarasota, FL via Boynton Beach, FL, via Sarasota, FL, via Charleston, SC, via The Outer Banks, via God's Country (East TN on Ft. Loudon Lake)
  • Hi54puttyHi54putty Posts: 1,867
    Sounds awful but I like your style.
    XL,L,S 
    Winston-Salem, NC 
    Sounds awful but I like your style.
    Let's just say I can cross this off the list!  @-)
  • tnbarbqtnbarbq Posts: 248
    If smoking vodka was on your list, I'm afraid of what else might be!
    Scooter 
    Mid TN. Hangin' in the 'Boro. MIM Judge
  • GadflyGadfly Posts: 121

Apple? Seriously?

You should've stayed with cherry.

• stikestike Posts: 15,597
    i once smoked a brick.

of hash
    ed egli avea del cul fatto trombetta -Dante
  • i once smoked a brick.

of hash

Sorry I missed that.
    Keeping it Weird in the ATX
    2 Large BGE
    1 MiniMax BGE
    1 Karubecue C60 (aka-"The Dishwasher")
    More accessories than TFJ knows about and one more purchase from mandatory counciling
  • GA_DawgsGA_Dawgs Posts: 273
    This sounds like a competition waiting to happen......let the one upsmanship begin
  • AdamdAdamd Posts: 160
    edited June 2012
    Someone should smoke some root-beer and some twinkies :D 
  • BYS1981BYS1981 Posts: 2,497
    MAN CHALLENGE.
  • DenaSmokerDenaSmoker Posts: 43
    i once smoked a brick.

of hash
    Now that is funny
  • BrownieBrownie Posts: 1,023
    So my guess is that, although it's an extremely well executed plan and it had less than stellar flavor, your drunks friends still didn't leave after you gave them more vodka.
    :D
    Brownie, 

These tightwads will drink anything that's free! The taste was interesting to say the least. The first smell on the rocks was pleasant. After that, I was over it. 

Why not just drink the vodka and then in a drunken half yell tell em' to get the F out! LOL...

On the other hand, I have had vodka and then thought about all the stuff I'd love to grill or smoke if I could get my hands on some, like octopus...

:))
  • michigan_jasonmichigan_jason Posts: 1,345
    Im going to smoke a joint :)

"Entrepreneurs are simply those who understand that there is little difference between obstacle and opportunity, and are able to turn both to their advantage."

Since this is an egg forum you must light from a glowing piece of lump!  :-bd
    edited June 2012
    octopus is great on the egg

stike, 

Where are you located to get that sea critter or do you live in Detroit and raid the hockey arena?

Yessir! Actually I was going to use the looftlighter or a golf club torch!

"Entrepreneurs are simply those who understand that there is little difference between obstacle and opportunity, and are able to turn both to their advantage."

we buy them frozen, alas.  wild caught.

Yessir! Actually I was going to use the looftlighter or a golf club torch!
    looftlighter....hell yes!
  • BrownieBrownie Posts: 1,023
    @stike, any porpose for a double grid in second pic?

@michigan_jason easy with the looftlighter or your face might get smoked instead
    :P

Good point.... I guess I will roll a long one then.

brownie... just trying to minimize the tentacles that poke straight down (and get burnt).  most tend to curl up tight though anyway
  • Little StevenLittle Steven Posts: 28,740
    stike, 

Where are you located to get that sea critter or do you live in Detroit and raid the hockey arena?
    Dead Things fans are the worst

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• GK59GK59 Posts: 501
    This has to be the funnist of posts. My wife and are still laughing about smoking the joint. Tears in my eyes.

Smitty's Kid's BBQ

Bay City,MI

• This has to be the funnist of posts. My wife and are still laughing about smoking the joint. Tears in my eyes.

Just wait. It will get funnier if I'm guessing right. It's cocktail:30 on Saturday night for the masses so I'm guessing this thing has legs. We'll see.
    2 Large BGE
    1 MiniMax BGE
    More accessories than TFJ knows about and one more purchase from mandatory counciling
  • lousubcaplousubcap Posts: 12,747
    No legs here-can't even appreciate the mental gymnastics to smoke vodka-gotta admit I can't fathom how you could sort that out-but full props to those who can-I'm obviously not in the same league :)>-
    Louisville;  L & S BGEs, PBC, Lang 36; Burnin' wood in the neighbourhood.
  • No legs here-can't even appreciate the mental gymnastics to smoke vodka-gotta admit I can't fathom how you could sort that out-but full props to those who can-I'm obviously not in the same league :)>-

I was talking about the joint smoking.
    2 Large BGE
    1 MiniMax BGE