Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It doesn’t get much hotter than the EGG cookin’ in July! Make sure to keep yourself hydrated with a bit of whatever you’re using for the Beer Can Chicken. Ice Cream Sandwiches are also a great way to stay cool. Looking for some great ideas for a summer cook out? Try out a Pimento Cheeseburger or Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise. Just don’t be surprised if your neighbors stop by for a quick bite when they smell what you’re cooking!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

HOW TO SMOKE RIBS?

SWKSWK Posts: 15
edited May 2012 in Forum Feedback
I have never cooked ribs before on my egg, and I'm going to over Memorial Day weekend. How much heat should I use, how long will it take, and how do I know when there done?
·

Comments

• MickeyMickey Posts: 16,468
    edited May 2012

This works for me: (I like easy)  Pull membrane, add rub.

350 indirect for 1hr 40 min

Put on @ 350 and leave the hell alone for about that time.

I open about 15 min early and sauce the part of them that people need sauce.

This is called Turbo Ribs and I will never go back to 4 and 5 hour ribs.

Salado TX Egg Family: 2 Large and a very well used Mini, just added a Mini Max (I'm good for now). 

·
    edited May 2012

He sits on my desk

for some reason the picture will not post

Salado TX Egg Family: 2 Large and a very well used Mini, just added a Mini Max (I'm good for now). 

·
    I need to add to the above: that is for baby backs.

·
    Try that pic again
    Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

·
  • Ottawa_EggmanOttawa_Eggman Posts: 111
    +1 on the Car wash Mike method
    ·
  • tazcrashtazcrash Posts: 1,851
    +1 on carwash Mike
    +1 on Opus, and why no Bill love? 

Bx - > NJ ->TX!!! 
    All to get cheaper brisket! 
    ·
  • I loves me some Bloom County!

Sorry to hear about Car Wash Mike passing, I've been away for a long time, just starting to visit here again.

·