Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We’re feeling pretty super, how about you? The big game is fast approaching, and while we love football, we love an excuse to invite people over and cook even more! You too can cook like a champion with recipes from Dr. BBQ’s NFL Gameday Cookbook: Grilled Tuna Sandwiches from Seattle and Baked Brie from New England. Who’s going to win? You’ll have to cook both to find out.

The 17th Annual EGGtoberfest was amazing - here are the highlights Click Here

Anybody cooked a squirrel on the egg?

spotco2spotco2 Posts: 61
edited May 2012 in EggHead Forum
We've always eaten them in one form or fashion and I have a freezer full that are just begging to be cooked on the egg.

Anybody got any tips on marinades or recipes?

I'm thinking of doing a batch low and slow this weekend with plenty of smoke and a little Dizzy Dust.
·

Comments

• Hokie_SmokerHokie_Smoker Posts: 443
    Where's Eddie? He usually eats these *&^#&&*$ things.

_________________________________________________________________________________________

Johnson, Navin R... Sounds like a typical bastard.

Belmont, NC

·
  • dlk7dlk7 Posts: 988
    Are these ground squirrels or tree squirrels?

Two XL BGEs - So Happy!!!!

Waunakee, WI

·
  • XLBalcoXLBalco Posts: 557
    i think they are roadside squirrels
    ·
  • FanOfFanboysFanOfFanboys Posts: 1,659
    Sub'd

My stepdad loves them. If comes out well I'll cook him some
    Boom
    ·
  • stikestike Posts: 15,597
    ed egli avea del cul fatto trombetta -Dante
    ·
  • eggoeggo Posts: 421
    The last time I ate squirrel, BGE was not even born. Squirrel and sawmill gravy for breakfast, yum, yum.
    Eggo in N. MS
    ·
  • Best thread ever. I can't tell if it's real or not but I'm 38,000 feet in the air dying laughing at this. The person mext to me has started to move away (double bonus) Nice pick up Stike.

·
  • NewportlocalNewportlocal Posts: 474
    i think they are roadside squirrels

Also known as squirrel on the grill, deer on the grill, etc.
    ·
  • MattlockMattlock Posts: 64
    Looks pretty tasty, I used to shoot squirrel's when I was a kid with my .22, good times!
    Newbie Egghead - Just got a LBGE at the Georgia Eggfest! Life is Good!
    ·
  • travisstricktravisstrick Posts: 4,681
    The last time I ate squirrel, BGE was not even born. Squirrel and sawmill gravy for breakfast, yum, yum.
    Breakfast of champions. My mom cooks up a mean squirrl.
    Be careful, man! I've got a beverage here.
    ·
  • MickeyMickey Posts: 15,455
    I had forgotten about that post. Thanks for bringing it back stike.
    Salado TX Egg Family: 2 Large and a very well used Mini, just added a Mini Max +++ 5th Salado EggFest is March 14, 2015 http://saladoeggheadgathering.blogspot.com

·
    My wife was just teasing me last night about my new mini. She said I could do guinea pig and rabbit ribs.
    ·
  • ShadowNickShadowNick Posts: 509
    i heard they were high in cholesterol.

randy-quaid-as-cousin-eddie-e1324958715984.jpg
    445 x 341 - 38K
    Chicago, Illinois
    ·
  • Mike8itMike8it Posts: 468
    Stike - I have read many posts that you either started or commented on and that one was hands down my favorite. even if I do get fired from work for laughing for 10 minutes straight it was worth it. Thank you sir!
    ·
  • MickeyMickey Posts: 15,455
    edited May 2012
    My wife was just teasing me last night about my new mini. She said I could do guinea pig and rabbit ribs.
    A whole spatchcocked chicken fits (about 3.5lbs). Direct.....
    Salado TX Egg Family: 2 Large and a very well used Mini, just added a Mini Max +++ 5th Salado EggFest is March 14, 2015 http://saladoeggheadgathering.blogspot.com

·
    mickey: that thread is good evidence that at that place, one should switch over to 'classic' view. otherwise you'd have no clue who was talking to who.

my favorite part is the sidebar watching littlesteven slowly breakdown and begin sobbing at the thought of all that bordeaux being used and abused.

:)>-
    ·
  • ChokeOnSmokeChokeOnSmoke Posts: 1,706
    edited May 2012
    That old thread is the greatest thing I've ever read!!! :)) :)) :))

Packerland, Wisconsin

·
  • All those dude angling for the wine and......ehem........companionship. I was in tears.

·
  • tazcrashtazcrash Posts: 1,847
    Is squirrel high in cholesterol?
    It looks like a lean meat.
    Bx - > NJ ->TX!!! 
    All to get cheaper brisket! 
    ·
  • tazcrashtazcrash Posts: 1,847
    ;)
    Bx - > NJ ->TX!!! 
    All to get cheaper brisket! 
    ·
  • spotco2spotco2 Posts: 61
    Why would anybody ever joke about cooking a squirrel?

Some good eatin' if done right.
    ·
  • cortguitarmancortguitarman Posts: 2,013
    Squirrel pot pie. Nothing better!
    Mark Annville, PA
    ·
    Bordeaux and squirrel thighs!
    ·
  • spotco2spotco2 Posts: 61
    After reading the other thread, I think I'd better wait until we can find some Peter V's to drink when we cook 'em.
    ·
    :)) I love it
    ·
  • Austin  EggheadAustin Egghead Posts: 3,238
    =)) Still one of the best posts. To quote Hope, "Thanks for the memories". =)) I lost this in the and many others when ported to Vanilla. Bookmarked
    Eggin in SW "Keep it Weird" TX
    ·

A whole spatchcocked chicken fits (about 3.5lbs). Direct.....

Looks good I have seen the mini threads and the you tube video with the food. No regrets here and she was just having fun. I thought it was funny. I am getting an xl in a few months, but knew I would want both for different purposes. Planning on getting a mini woo and pizza stones soon.

·
  • Little StevenLittle Steven Posts: 26,921
    mickey: that thread is good evidence that at that place, one should switch over to 'classic' view. otherwise you'd have no clue who was talking to who.

my favorite part is the sidebar watching littlesteven slowly breakdown and begin sobbing at the thought of all that bordeaux being used and abused.

:)>-
    I took your word for that despite my suspicions

Steve 

Caledon, ON

·

rod was also posting as BGD.  when you asked me, it was about his post..  so, technically, it wasn't 'me'
    :))
    ·