Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

turbo ribs

stevesails
stevesails Posts: 990
edited May 2012 in EggHead Forum
Three half slabs of baby backs. Garlic salt and pepper on one and dizzy dust on the other two. Two hours at 350 dome. Hobo potatoes on for the second hour.
Wife says I have them figured out
XL   Walled Lake, MI

Comments

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,082
    Any time you get the SWMBO endoresment, it's time to declare victory-well done.
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • GrannyX4
    GrannyX4 Posts: 1,491
    Was that direct? I do indirect at 325 - all in all about the same thing ans we think they are very good. The Grands most requested meal. I had forgotten about hobo potatoes. I need to give those a cook here soon. ;;)
    Every day is a bonus day and every meal is a banquet in Winter Springs, Fl !
  • SWMBO Cap?

Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • lousubcap
    SWMBO Cap?

She Who Must Be Obeyed-if lucky you have not experienced this and based on TFJ's contributions to the forum (all over the top and very well done as far as I can tell) you are a lucky man...
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • SWMBO Cap?

She Who Must Be Obeyed-if lucky you have not experienced this and based on TFJ's contributions to the forum (all over the top and very well done as far as I can tell) you are a lucky man...
    She is trapped by her loyalty and came to quickly understand that she married down.It has to be tough for her but she has accepted her fate and has settled in quite nicely.

Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • lousubcap

No thread hi-jack here but congrats to you both:)  "Live long and prosper!"

• stevesails
    stevesails Posts: 990

yes they were indirect. plate setter wrapped in foil.

I will go at 325 next time for 2 and a half.  the bark gets a little hard on these.  and I want a little more pull back on the bones.

I buy the three pack at costco. split them up. and vacuum seal three halfs. freeze and thaw in a week or two.  works out perfect for the family of 4.

XL   Walled Lake, MI