Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, see our new showroom and check out the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

chuck roast in the egg

eggoeggo Posts: 488
edited April 2012 in EggHead Forum
My wife said she was cooking a chuck roast tomorrow. I said let's try it in the egg. The package says chuck tender roast, 2.18 lbs. A search for chuck roast didn't provide much. Any suggestions or recipes? I thought I would start out with a sear on both sides at 500 - 600 degrees for 3 - 4 minutes. After that should I go indirect?
 Can I do this without using a dutch oven?  Going to cook some potatoes, onions, carrots, and maybe some celery.  I know, I know, lots of questions. First chuck so may have even more questions. Be gentle.

Eggo in N. MS

Comments

• Jameson19Jameson19 Posts: 157
    Please post results. I've seen these at the butcher and been tempted to cook one in the egg.
    Large BGE, Small BGE and 18" WSM. Las Vegas!
  • burr_baby33burr_baby33 Posts: 503
    Look at egocentric pot roast below.