Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Who’s ready for football and tailgating? We are! Check out our tailgating page for recipes that are great to bring to a tailgate, or cook at home if you’re entertaining friends during a game. If you need an easy breakfast recipe, these Sticky Buns are the way to go. If you’re looking for a fan favorite with bacon, try these Double Pork Sliders. We can’t wait to kick off another fall full of tasty food!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

chuck roast in the egg

eggoeggo Posts: 450
edited April 2012 in EggHead Forum
My wife said she was cooking a chuck roast tomorrow. I said let's try it in the egg. The package says chuck tender roast, 2.18 lbs. A search for chuck roast didn't provide much. Any suggestions or recipes? I thought I would start out with a sear on both sides at 500 - 600 degrees for 3 - 4 minutes. After that should I go indirect?
 Can I do this without using a dutch oven?  Going to cook some potatoes, onions, carrots, and maybe some celery.  I know, I know, lots of questions. First chuck so may have even more questions. Be gentle.

Eggo in N. MS

• Jameson19Jameson19 Posts: 72
    Please post results. I've seen these at the butcher and been tempted to cook one in the egg.
    Large BGE in Vegas
  • burr_baby33burr_baby33 Posts: 503
    Look at egocentric pot roast below.