Finally it arrived at 5PM tonight, fresh from the factory. I could still smell the adhesive on the gasket. So i jumped the gun and pulled the lower gasket, it peeled off very easy. As you can see in the picture, there are patches of adhesive and patches without. The rest of the adhesive I rubbed it off with my thumb. Then I got my left hand to help me(my son) and asked him to very quietly fill up the rainbow vacuum cleaner and aspirated all the ceramic dust, so my wife would not notice, but she did and just made a small frown. I guess she understood that the new toy was going to bring her more satisfaction later on. The build went very quickly and without a glitch. The only thing is that the dollar bill test, well the mexican bill test for me, was not very good at the back. So I readjusted the hinges with the springs off, and the test is great. Then I attached the springs and the test is not as good as without the springs, but i did a light test and for sure there is no light coming in. So i guess it passed the test, unless you guys have other inputs. I will let the gasket permatex copper silicone dry for at least 24hrs. Then i will do a low burn 250-300 to break it in and get the egg dried up. Then a second burn up to 400 and then ready to cook whatever I can find.
I would like to thank you guys for the wealth of information that made this build experience so enjoyable, by the way, the build only took me 3 hrs including the removing of the gasket and installing rutlands.
Men, easier fed than understood!!