Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
With winter in full gear, we’re enjoying all the awesome photos of EGGs in the cold weather. Stay warm with some of our favorite Dutch oven recipes: Chicken & Dumplings, Chili Con Carne and BLT Soup.

The Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new location and check out the museum! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Smoke Cured Ham . .

NDGNDG Posts: 1,096
edited March 2012 in EggHead Forum
Got a large smoke cured ham as a gift and not sure how to egg it . . ? Thinking it is cooked or partially cooked so maybe glaze with honey and brown sugar, foil and 250 for a couple hours? Any suggestions?
Columbus, Ohio
·

Comments

• NDGNDG Posts: 1,096
    Also, anyone else find it impossible to attach a pic when using an iPad? I click attach a file, but get no response by clicking "choose file" button, so I'm stuck.
    Columbus, Ohio
    ·
  • NightwingXPNightwingXP Posts: 436
    My uncle and I used to take a jar of marachino cherries, can of sliced ring pineapple and a jar of your favorite BBQ sauce. Take the juice from the cherries, pineapple and enough BBQ sauce to make a semi thick sauce that you can inject. Then shoot that puppy up with as much as you can. Then use toothpicks and stick cherries and pineapple all around the outside of the ham. Pour some of the remaining juice/sauce mixture over the ham and smoke it!! I haven't done this since I was a kid with him but DAMN it was good. It became a family staple and G-ma started making it for holiday dinners in the oven. Too good !!!!!
    Only 3 things in life matter. Family, Steelers and my BGE!!
    ·
    Sounds interesting for sure, I'm wondering what temp to pull it at?
    Columbus, Ohio
    ·
  • NightwingXPNightwingXP Posts: 436
    I'm not sure either. Since its already cooked I would think you are just warming it up. 160 maybe?
    Only 3 things in life matter. Family, Steelers and my BGE!!
    ·
  • stikestike Posts: 15,597
    ed egli avea del cul fatto trombetta -Dante
    ·
    K thanks
    Columbus, Ohio
    ·