Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Smoke Cured Ham . .

Options
NDG
NDG Posts: 2,431
edited March 2012 in EggHead Forum
Got a large smoke cured ham as a gift and not sure how to egg it . . ? Thinking it is cooked or partially cooked so maybe glaze with honey and brown sugar, foil and 250 for a couple hours? Any suggestions?
Columbus, OH

“There are only two ways to live your life.  One is as though nothing is a miracle.  The other is as if everything is” 

Comments

• NDG
    Options
    Also, anyone else find it impossible to attach a pic when using an iPad? I click attach a file, but get no response by clicking "choose file" button, so I'm stuck.
    Columbus, OH

“There are only two ways to live your life.  One is as though nothing is a miracle.  The other is as if everything is” 
  • NightwingXP
    NightwingXP Posts: 448
    Options
    My uncle and I used to take a jar of marachino cherries, can of sliced ring pineapple and a jar of your favorite BBQ sauce. Take the juice from the cherries, pineapple and enough BBQ sauce to make a semi thick sauce that you can inject. Then shoot that puppy up with as much as you can. Then use toothpicks and stick cherries and pineapple all around the outside of the ham. Pour some of the remaining juice/sauce mixture over the ham and smoke it!! I haven't done this since I was a kid with him but DAMN it was good. It became a family staple and G-ma started making it for holiday dinners in the oven. Too good !!!!!
    Only 3 things in life matter. Family, Steelers and my BGE!!
  • NDG
    Options
    Sounds interesting for sure, I'm wondering what temp to pull it at?
    Columbus, OH

• NightwingXP
    NightwingXP Posts: 448
    Options
    I'm not sure either. Since its already cooked I would think you are just warming it up. 160 maybe?
    Only 3 things in life matter. Family, Steelers and my BGE!!
  • stike
    stike Posts: 15,597
    Options
    ed egli avea del cul fatto trombetta -Dante
  • NDG
    Options
    K thanks
    Columbus, OH