Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope you all got to celebrate those tasty food holidays last week, we sure enjoyed them! We are even more excited about the beginning of fall, for so many reasons, but mainly for experiencing the cool, crisp air while being outside cooking up the best recipes the season has to offer. We especially love these Beer Pork Tenderloin and Ground Beef Acorn Squash recipes! Fall is upon us, and it's a great time for getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

My New Egg Has Arrived!!!!!

dlk7dlk7 Posts: 975
edited March 2012 in EggHead Forum
Thanks to all of you that help us new folk figure out what we need before we buy.  My authorized dealer was extremely helpful too.  I calibrated the thermometer and fired it up with a Looft lighter.  5 minutes after that it was at 200 and I closed the bottom vent to about 1/8th inch and the same on the daisy wheel.  Held the temperature at 225 for 30 minutes and have been playing with the upper and lower vents to hold it at 250, 300, 350, and 400 over the last few hours.  I'm amazed at the ease of control.  Tomorrow I will attempt my first cook!!!  Thanks again for everyones' input.image
IMG_3048_4543_edited-2.jpg
5025 x 3350 - 13M

Two XL BGEs - So Happy!!!!

Rudderville, TN

Comments