Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It doesn’t get much hotter than the EGG cookin’ in July! Make sure to keep yourself hydrated with a bit of whatever you’re using for the Beer Can Chicken. Ice Cream Sandwiches are also a great way to stay cool. Looking for some great ideas for a summer cook out? Try out a Pimento Cheeseburger or Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise. Just don’t be surprised if your neighbors stop by for a quick bite when they smell what you’re cooking!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Just got done installing a Rutland....

Royal CoachmenRoyal Coachmen Posts: 202
edited March 2012 in EggHead Forum
Hope I did I right! Wind was howling but it was 70 degrees out (in Indiana) so I wasn't going to miss the opportunity. It was dark when I finished so I couldn't see how good or bad my work was. I also couldn't gauge how well the lid shut.

I will say, the whole process wasn't as bad as I thought and I'm not Mr. Handy. I just followed Naked Whiz's instructions and the whole process took about an hour uninterrupted.

I have not cured the glue by heating up the egg due to the crazy wind and rapidly dropping temps. I hope this does not effect the process.

Anyone else have comments on the process?

Thanks
·

Comments

• Randy1Randy1 Posts: 373

I put a high que gasket on mine about two months ago. The difference in thickness of the two gaskets was more than I realized. I kind of panicked when the lid wouldnt shut. After calming down and looking at it I realized I needed to raise the lower metal band just a little. It shuts good now

Benton,Arkansas
    ·
  • maxPowersmaxPowers Posts: 38
    A new gasket is on my to-do list for this weekend, but I just can't seem to find a 24 hour window when I am willing to not use the egg!
    ·
  • I just put on a Rutland last weekend myself. It was a very easy process. Scraping off the old gasket took longer than putting the Rutland on. I used the Whiz's directions at a guide. It was much easier than i thought reading through his instructions. Seems like he was overly detailed in order to err on the side of caution, which i can totally appreciate. A couple of small adjustments on the bands and I was ready to rock! I did burn a fire at about 250 for an hour or so just to be safe.
    ·