Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It doesn’t get much hotter than the EGG cookin’ in July! Make sure to keep yourself hydrated with a bit of whatever you’re using for the Beer Can Chicken. Ice Cream Sandwiches are also a great way to stay cool. Looking for some great ideas for a summer cook out? Try out a Pimento Cheeseburger or Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise. Just don’t be surprised if your neighbors stop by for a quick bite when they smell what you’re cooking!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Another Spatchcocked Success!

joe@bgejoe@bge Posts: 394
edited January 2012 in EggHead Forum

I found another old post from the original BGE Forum site that was posted on October 23, 2003 by (Steve Ingram) for Tandoori Spatchcocked Chicken.

Very good...overall.  I cooked indirect on a raised grate till the breast was 175.  If I had it to do over again I would only go to maybe 165* in the breast.  Very moist and flavorful...  I got to try out my new waterproof BBQ electronics box which I saw a similar design on this site that I copied.

On the grill:

My New Waterproof Electronics Box:image

Final Product:

·

Comments

• MickeyMickey Posts: 16,441
    Nice cook. Just a thought, next time go direct at 400 high in the dome. Can do the same for turkey and turkey legs. This is a less than an hour cook so you can leave that very cool Ele setup in the storage ( unless you just really enjoy hooking it all up). The turkey (12lb) takes about 1.5 hour.
    Salado TX Egg Family: 2 Large and a very well used Mini, just added a Mini Max (I'm good for now). 

·
  • fairchasefairchase Posts: 239
    Nice looking idea on the box. Are the Guru probe wires waterproof ? I know the ones on the mavericks are not.
    ·
  • joe@bgejoe@bge Posts: 394

@fairchase - Good question...the probe wires are braided stainless, so I would think so.  I guess I just "assumed" they were.

·
  • IrishDevlIrishDevl Posts: 1,390
    Oh thank goodness, something to show my wife before she sends me to the egg-head insane asylum.  Could very well keep me out - on a relative basis I am sane.   ;)
    ·