Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Another Spatchcocked Success!

Options
joe@bge
joe@bge Posts: 394
edited January 2012 in EggHead Forum

I found another old post from the original BGE Forum site that was posted on October 23, 2003 by (Steve Ingram) for Tandoori Spatchcocked Chicken.

Very good...overall.  I cooked indirect on a raised grate till the breast was 175.  If I had it to do over again I would only go to maybe 165* in the breast.  Very moist and flavorful...  I got to try out my new waterproof BBQ electronics box which I saw a similar design on this site that I copied.

On the grill:

My New Waterproof Electronics Box:image

Final Product:

Comments

• Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    Options
    Nice cook. Just a thought, next time go direct at 400 high in the dome. Can do the same for turkey and turkey legs. This is a less than an hour cook so you can leave that very cool Ele setup in the storage ( unless you just really enjoy hooking it all up). The turkey (12lb) takes about 1.5 hour.
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• fairchase
    fairchase Posts: 312
    Options
    Nice looking idea on the box. Are the Guru probe wires waterproof ? I know the ones on the mavericks are not.
  • joe@bge
    joe@bge Posts: 394
    Options

@fairchase - Good question...the probe wires are braided stainless, so I would think so.  I guess I just "assumed" they were.

• IrishDevl
    IrishDevl Posts: 1,390
    Options
    Oh thank goodness, something to show my wife before she sends me to the egg-head insane asylum.  Could very well keep me out - on a relative basis I am sane.   ;)