Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
With winter in full gear, we’re enjoying all the awesome photos of EGGs in the cold weather. Stay warm with some of our favorite Dutch oven recipes: Chicken & Dumplings, Chili Con Carne and BLT Soup.

The Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new location and check out the museum! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Today was recover day!

paulheelspaulheels Posts: 457
edited November 2011 in EggHead Forum
I see there were not many posts about people cooking today.  I had to work, then had to come home early for a sick baby, so I got no cooking done.  Got my BGE patio started.  
  might try to get a small rib roast going if the market still has some.  what internal temp for rare on a rib roast?

Paul

thebearditspeaks.com. Go there. I write it.
·

Comments

• SqueezySqueezy Posts: 1,101
    125º
    Never eat anything passed through a window unless you're a seagull ... BGE Lg.
    ·
  • I do rib roasts at 250* with an end sear if it needs it (usually doesn't) 125* is the temp after the rest so you would pull at about 118* to 120*. Usually takes about 25 minutes per pound

Steve 

Caledon, ON

·
  • Thanks for the  info.  No more were on sale when I went this morning.  Just got a big chuck and some beef ribs.  Defnitely gonna hit the prime rib up soon.  A grocery store here will put whole rib eye on sale for 5.99 - 6.99 /lb.  gotte get a food saver for the steaks also.

Paul
    thebearditspeaks.com. Go there. I write it.
    ·