Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
With winter in full gear, we’re enjoying all the awesome photos of EGGs in the cold weather. Stay warm with some of our favorite Dutch oven recipes: Chicken & Dumplings, Chili Con Carne and BLT Soup.

The Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new location and check out the museum! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Venison Shoulder in BGE

bschroedbschroed Posts: 29
edited November 2011 in EggHead Forum
Talked with a buddy deerhunting season, and he said to take the front shoulder of the deer, put spices and butter on it, wrap it tightly in foil, and cook at 350 for 2 hours in a regular oven. Then pull from meat from bone and put BBQ sauce on it. He said it is really good.  Anyone have any comments on doing this in the BGE ? ------or any good ways to cook venison !
·

Comments

• SqueezySqueezy Posts: 1,101

Your buddy is simply braising, and there is nothing wrong in that, but doing it on the BGE would be a fair step up ...

Off the top of my head ... I would smoke it on the egg at about 250º for 2 or 3 hrs. and then wrap it up to finish.

I take it that he is cooking to well-done not medium?

Never eat anything passed through a window unless you're a seagull ... BGE Lg.
    ·