Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Is your Big Green Egg still cooking even though it’s cold out? We hope so! We love the opportunity to cook heartier meals on the EGG during the winter. Some recipes you definitely want to try are Double Smoked Potatoes, BBQ Chicken Soup, Monte Cristo Sandwich and Breakfast Quiche. These are sure to keep your stomach warm & full! We can’t wait to see what winter-inspired dishes you cook!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the History of the EGG Museum and the Culinary Center too!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Orange Ruffy Au Gratin

DrZaiusDrZaius Posts: 1,481
edited September 2011 in Forum List
I threw this together tonight and it turned out real good. Here we go!

4 Orange Ruffy Filets
Seasoned  to taste, I used garlic, Salt, Pepper and Cajun Seasoning

Au Gratin
1/2C Parmesan Cheese
4T    Butter
3T    Mayo
3T    Diced Green Onion
A couple of shots to tabasco

Filets started on the CI half moon skillet

Then mix all the Au Gratin ingredients together and apply to the top of the filets and finish until brown and bubbly...

The cooking time is only about 8 minutes and while I was cooking the cheese I had the egg up to about 500.

Good Luck!

This is the greatest signature EVAR!

Comments

• LDDLDD Posts: 1,225
    nice. I remember when you weren't supposed to eat cheese with fish :)
    context is important :)
  • SpoonSpoon Posts: 328
    Looks good Dr Z! I always like Orange Ruffy when I find it fresh. How do you like the half moon skillet?
    "Pork so tender you can pull it with a spoon." ~Spoon
  • DrZaiusDrZaius Posts: 1,481
    The half moon has been great.  I have not used it as often as I thought I would but the times I have used it was perfect.
    This is the greatest signature EVAR!