Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It’s almost Halloween and if you’re cooking on your EGG, you may end up with more people knocking on your door asking for pork chops than candy! In case you’re willing to share and want to please a crowd, we recommend warm Margherita Pizza, FGL’s Lemon Pepper Wings or our favorite, S’mores in a Cone!

If you missed the 17th Annual EGGtoberfest here are the highlights Click Here Fall is upon us, and it's a great time for getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

Boston Butt Cook Time

MelResDesMelResDes Posts: 6
edited August 2011 in EggHead Forum
Hello All,
I am a new Egger......3 week old Egg. I am going to smoke my first butt this weekend. I hope to have it for dinner Sunday night. In the recipe on the BGE site it says to smoke a 6-9 lb butt for at least 18 hours. I have a 6.5 lb butt and after reading the comments in other threads and after talking to my dealer I think 18 hours might be too long. I was thinking of following the 230 degrees that is in the recipe. Any advice? The difference will be weather I start it tonight or early tomorrow morning. I plan on eating it around 6:00 pm. Thanks!

Comments