Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Salmon Pizza

Options
Scott Oswald aka GW
edited November -1 in Seafood

Ingredients

Two skinless salmon filets or one large filet cut in half

Two lbs of bacon

2 tomatoes

One onion

One green pepper (or red if you want to add color)

1/2 pound mushrooms (optional)

One hot pepper (optional)

One lb of parm. cheese

Olive Oil

Lemon Pepper

Two thin baking grates or a fish basket

Instructions

Start with layering one lb of bacon on one of the grates/fish basket.  Oil and rub lemon pepper the filets.  Place one filet on the bacon.  Layer thin sliced tomatoes, diced onion, diced pepper(s) & diced mushrooms.  Spread the parm. cheese on top of the layers of veggies (put on as much as possible).  Place the other oiled and rubbed filet on top.  Layer the top filet with the 2nd lb of bacon so it is covered on both top and bottom with bacon.  Try to make sure all the fish is covered if possible.  Place the other grate on top and tie the two grates together as tight as possible (I use butcher twine). 

Grill at 350deg for 30min per side (you will have to flip the whole thing) for a total of 1hr.  I cook it on a raised grate direct but you can do it indirect.  I like the bacon nice and crispy. 

Pull off and let rest for 10min.  Then cut the string to free the grates from the bacon/salmon pizza.

Cut into squares or as desired.

Enjoy!

Notes

This dish is fabulous all by itself but we do seve with rice if a side dish is desired.

Number of Servings: 6

Time to Prepare: 1 Hour