Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Moink Balls

bobbybbobbyb Posts: 1,349
edited 12:29AM in EggHead Forum
Was asked to bring an appetizer to an Independence Day party. Decided on Moink balls.

Ready for the egg:
moink2.jpg

If you look closely, you'll see this is a two Guru operation:
2gurus2.jpg

Finished moinks, ready to be transported:
finishedmoinks2.jpg

Comments

• ManfredManfred Posts: 186
    This might sound funny but what Moink Balls?
  • BotchBotch Posts: 5,588
    I really like your Egg setup, Bob! How well do the framed photos hold up outdoors in Mississippi?

Live fast, die young, and leave a well-marbled corpse.  

Ogden, Utard.  
  • bobbybbobbyb Posts: 1,349
    Moo and Oink = moink
    Italian meat balls wrapped in bacon, favorite rub applied, smoked @ 275 for an hour or so with hickory. Dunk in favorite bbq sauce thinned with water and return to the egg for another 15 minutes to set the sauce. Serve with more sauce in the bottom of serving plate. This was first introduced to me by Rick's Tropical Delight (who no longer posts here).
    Thanks Botch,
    I've had them up for a few years now and so far so good. If they do get messed up reprints are $0.19 cents each.
  • ranger rayranger ray Posts: 812
    whatever happened to tropical dude? ........ rr
  • loco_engrloco_engr Posts: 3,673
    Thoese shoulda knocked them out!

Very Nice.
    From what I remember, he got mad that someone was stealing his pics ( he had great photos) and using them as their own.
    They were a hit. Thanks Loney master.
  • LESAGEMIKELESAGEMIKE Posts: 51
    Looks good. I have made them many times also. 3rd eye has a great method and was who got me started on them.
  • Egg JujuEgg Juju Posts: 658
    Looks delicious... Where they the best thing there?
    Large and Small BGE * www.quelfood.com
    IMHO, yes.
  • deepsouthdeepsouth Posts: 1,796
    bobbyb wrote:
    From what I remember, he got mad that someone was stealing his pics ( he had great photos) and using them as their own.

he had the same problem on another bbq forum and stopped posting there as well.

it wasn't too long ago he almost quit facebook as someone had stolen his log and began using that as their avatar with his name gone and their forum nick in it's place.
  • deepsouthdeepsouth Posts: 1,796
    oh, btw, bob, the moinks look great! i actually saw them on facebook yesterday!
  • Le Oeuf VertLe Oeuf Vert Posts: 512
    Great looking cook and your Egging area looks pretty nice also.