Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Who’s ready for football and tailgating? We are! Check out our tailgating page for recipes that are great to bring to a tailgate, or cook at home if you’re entertaining friends during a game. If you need an easy breakfast recipe, these Sticky Buns are the way to go. If you’re looking for a fan favorite with bacon, try these Double Pork Sliders. We can’t wait to kick off another fall full of tasty food!

Coming to Atlanta for EGGtoberfest? Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340 - NOTE we are CLOSED on Saturday OCT 10th for EGGtoberfest.

ABT's With Shrimp Question..

RascalRascal Posts: 3,362
edited 8:08PM in EggHead Forum
Cook the shrimp before assembling? Thanx!!~~

• Rezen73Rezen73 Posts: 356
    No, in fact, you may want to par-cook the bacon and leave the shrimp raw.. the shrimp will cook much faster than the bacon.
  • SmokinbSmokinb Posts: 99
    I assumed you would, but the peppers are roasting so log you probably can cook them with the pepper. Try a few both ways and let me know what's best! :P :P
  • Photo EggPhoto Egg Posts: 4,038
    I second your thinking.
    Thank you,

Galveston Texas
  • What our friend from Aberdeen said

These were done without par cooking the bacon - I have par cooked the bacon and they are more better. Also like a little rub on the swimps
  • WarEagleDGWarEagleDG Posts: 23
    ok, I've got to ask... What does ABT stand for? I get that it's Jalapeno's with Bacon and what appears to be cream cheese; I jut don't get the name.
    And "Par"? do you mean "Pre" cooking the bacon?

And "Frank From Houma", we warned all the ducks when we saw them in Glendale, they have no idea what they are in for!
    War Eagle and pass the Sauce!
  • RRPRRP Posts: 16,410
    to each his own, but the time I tried to be fancy using shrimp we found the ABTs were too far bland and therefore not worth the time nor money.
    Dunlap, IL
  • Photo EggPhoto Egg Posts: 4,038
    ABT...Atomic Buffalo Turds.
    Kind of a generic term for stuffed peppers wrapped in bacon.

"par" would be partialy cook. It helps render out some of the fat and shorten the final cook time to get the bacon crisp w/out over cooking the pepper/cheese stuffing.
    Thank you,

Galveston Texas