Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Wild West Eggfest Test Cooks Are Over

thirdeyethirdeye Posts: 7,428
edited 5:28AM in EggHead Forum
This year at my local Eggfest We'll be doing a repeat on pulled pork, two butts cooked all night and coolered at sunrise. This will be used on sliders and on a pulled pork pizza.

Next up are pig candied Li'l Smokies (I know what you're thinking... but these bad boys are really good)

We're also doing Elote, aka Mexican Corn. It's oiled and grilled, then gets a lime mayonnaise slather, followed by a mixture of parmesan, cumin, cayenne, seasoned salt and Texas Red Dog chili powder.

I'm also going to make about 40 ABT's.

Happy Trails

Barbecue is not rocket surgery

• FlaPoolmanFlaPoolman Posts: 11,672
    Thats enough to get me looking into travel plans :whistle: :laugh:
  • Richard FlRichard Fl Posts: 8,233
    Nice tasting cook. Here is a sauce I recently made that is great on corn with a Southwestern flair.
  • thirdeyethirdeye Posts: 7,428
    Good call. I always forget about how versatile the Chipotle's in Adobo Sauce is. One of the first things I made from the Forum recipes was Lawn Rangers wings which have that as a sauce....
    Happy Trails

Barbecue is not rocket surgery
  • Clay QClay Q Posts: 4,435
    Lot's of fun in testing. And by the looks of things some mighty good eats as a result. :cheer:
    Have a great time at the eggfest with your dynamite nibbles and yummies! :woohoo:
  • Dang - deautilicious as usual T.E.
  • bubba timbubba tim Posts: 3,216
    would you quit Wayne? I am so hungry and your killing me.... :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:
    SEE YOU IN FLORIDA, March 14th and 15th 2014 You must master temp, smoke, and time to achive moisture, taste, and texture! Visit for BRISKET HELP