Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Crunchy Wings

egretegret Posts: 4,089
edited 3:00AM in EggHead Forum
Yo Nature Boy.....
Tried your "Crunchy Wings" recipe tonight and it was fantastic! I wasn't sure the dry configuration would be workable, but I added some 'Ole Ray's' BBQ sauce right near the end and the result was unbelievable. The experienced 'eggers' in our dinner group said they were the best wings they had ever eaten, and I agreed........
Thank you for all the great rubs from your 'Dizzy Pig' enterprise.
John

Comments

• egret, which recipe did you use ?
    please give link or the recipe, so that we can all enjoy them

• egretegret Posts: 4,089
    Chef Arnoldi,
    Here you go : http://www.dizzypigbbq.com/recipesWings.html
    Try these sometime. It did take me longer to brown these up than the recipe claimed, but the wait was well worth it.....

• Nature BoyNature Boy Posts: 8,417
    Glad you enjoyed, John,
    The first time I tried ChefRD's wings I had so many doubts as to why I was breading chicken that was not getting fried. I really only tried it because others said it was so good. It just seemed wrong. Now we know it's right![p]Glad you are diggin the rubs. Happy week onya!
    Chris[p]

DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
  • GreendriverGreendriver Posts: 128
    egret, I don't know if I can ever go back and do em anyother way...and I'm the guy that originally said "grilled hot wings???, not me, I like my fried one too much". Amazing how much some things change. As for the sauce on em, dipping sauce works best for me.[p]
    102_0238.jpg