Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Trout and doe inner tenderloin...oh my!

WWSis
WWSis Posts: 1,448
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
A dual effort for dinner :) ... My doe and Dave's trout tonight. The loins were sautéed in my mini cast in some butter, evoo, garlic, shallots, and a spinkle of DP raising the steaks. The trout were gooped full of butter, minced caper and shallot paste, then stuffed with lemon slices and a sprig of rosemary. Side of orzo salad - orzo and some fresh veggies, a sprinkle of DP shakin the tree (I use this alot in salads) and balsamic vinaigrette. The trout was simply amazing :):whistle: It was moist, the bone peeled right out... And the lemon caper flavor was just so yummy. :) I did it all indirect at 335 or so... about 6-8 minutes each side in the trout.
Pretty speckles...
26bac4d7.jpg
Smooshed Inside...
44843f9b.jpg
On the small...
8bcb52b6.jpg
Plated with skin still on...
47a95fb6.jpg
And skinless, ready to chow...
9b5d145a.jpg
Thanks for looking! I will definately do this trout again; fortunately Dave has gotten a couple (the limit) for several days now... :whistle: :laugh: :)

Comments

• cookn biker
    cookn biker Posts: 13,407
    Julia, You did it again! Another fabulous meal! Love all of the fresh flavors you put together. Your photos are terrific too.
    Cheers!
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
    LBGE, MBGE, SBGE , MiniBGE and a Mini Mini BGE
  • Mainegg
    Mainegg Posts: 7,787
    thought I was stuffed from cooking and eating all day at the demo and then I see this.... HUNGRY!! LOL looks great Julia :)
  • WWSis
    Thanks, Molly! The pics are from my iPhone :)
  • WWSis
    Thanks, Julie! Hope you had a good day today. :)
  • Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    Julia, I DO hope you are cooking in Brentwood!!! I will be there - as a TASTER!!!!! :) :laugh:

Beautiful pics!!

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• Capt Frank
    Capt Frank Posts: 2,578
    The trout look wonderful, now if I could just catch some :P :blush: :laugh:
  • WWSis
    Capt. Frank, VT fish and game started stocking a week ago :whistle: The area where he caught these is just a few miles from our home; they put in 600 :) :P
  • WWSis
    Thanks, Michael! I am seriously considering NOT cooking, actually. We'll see, I haven't signed up yet; am thinking it would be nice just to have a chance to visit and EAT! :laugh: :)
  • Capt Frank
    Capt Frank Posts: 2,578
    Thanks Julia, butIi am on the Gulf Coast of Florida and targeting Spotted Sea Trout. Fish have to be at least 15". I have caught a boatload of 14 inchers lately, hard, for me at least, to bring home any keepers. :P :( :blush:
  • Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    I WANT TROUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• That looks frikkin awesome, Julia. I wish I was there for that! And your pics look amazing.
    Happily egging on my original large BGE since 1996... now the owner of 5 eggs. Call me crazy, everyone else does!

3 Large, 1 Small, 1 well-used Mini
  • Fluffyb
    Fluffyb Posts: 1,815
    Beautiful pictures Julia and a wonderful meal.