Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We’re so close to Thanksgiving that we can taste it and we’re ready to help you prepare the most delicious Thanksgiving feast you’ve ever cooked! Check out our Turkey Cheat Sheet for turkey tips, our Thanksgiving page for turkey recipes, and our Holiday Entertaining Publication for all other Thanksgiving needs to help you make this the best Thanksgiving yet! PS. Don’t forget about breakfast Thanksgiving morning either!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Woosday in New England

Cpt'n CookCpt'n Cook Posts: 1,917
edited 8:52AM in EggHead Forum
If the Daffodils are out

So are the Fiddleheads

• RascalRascal Posts: 3,383
    I love daffodils! When I was away last year, my house-sitter cut off most of the blooms to adorn her abode. As a result, there's lots of green this spring, but not many flowers.. Dumb b**ch!!
  • fishlessmanfishlessman Posts: 17,998
    seems early for the fiddleheads, have to start looking for them :) cherry trees and pears are just starting, havent seen a bee yet, four or five years ago no bees in the yard, almost no fruit set.

here is friday

here is saterday, chased of the lake from the ice snow rain and waves

here is sunday, beautiful day

• beesbees Posts: 335
    Nice pics! The bees won't be around if the temp is below 50F or the wind is too strong(over 20mph) What large openface blooms do you have in your area that you can see pollen in the center of the flower? Thanks, Randy
  • fishlessmanfishlessman Posts: 17,998
    other than crocus and daffodils theres not much blooming until after the fruit trees. my cherry is big, over 40 feet and has a ton of blooms ready, looks like it will fully bloom this weekend, a row of nanking bush cherries are already popping, just no bees, not one. seems to happen every few years with the bees in the area, trees bloom, no bees, will get far fewer cherries from the wind pollination. my pears are small, easy enough to take a small branch and dust another tree with it but the bees still do a better job
  • WWSisWWSis Posts: 1,448
    Thanks for the reminder...I love fiddleheads! :)
    We have very few signs of spring daffodils are not even 5 inches hosta and lillies are barely peeping. :(