Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Woosday in New England

Options
Cpt'n Cook
Cpt'n Cook Posts: 1,917
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
If the Daffodils are out
DSC_0268.jpg

DSC_0270.jpg

So are the Fiddleheads
DSC_0266.jpg
DSC_0261.jpg

Comments

• Rascal
    Rascal Posts: 3,923
    Options
    I love daffodils! When I was away last year, my house-sitter cut off most of the blooms to adorn her abode. As a result, there's lots of green this spring, but not many flowers.. Dumb b**ch!!
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,754
    Options
    seems early for the fiddleheads, have to start looking for them :) cherry trees and pears are just starting, havent seen a bee yet, four or five years ago no bees in the yard, almost no fruit set.

here is friday

007-12.jpg

here is saterday, chased of the lake from the ice snow rain and waves

DSC_0666.jpg

here is sunday, beautiful day

011-9.jpg
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • bees
    bees Posts: 335
    Options
    Nice pics! The bees won't be around if the temp is below 50F or the wind is too strong(over 20mph) What large openface blooms do you have in your area that you can see pollen in the center of the flower? Thanks, Randy
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,754
    Options
    other than crocus and daffodils theres not much blooming until after the fruit trees. my cherry is big, over 40 feet and has a ton of blooms ready, looks like it will fully bloom this weekend, a row of nanking bush cherries are already popping, just no bees, not one. seems to happen every few years with the bees in the area, trees bloom, no bees, will get far fewer cherries from the wind pollination. my pears are small, easy enough to take a small branch and dust another tree with it but the bees still do a better job
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • WWSis
    WWSis Posts: 1,448
    Options
    Thanks for the reminder...I love fiddleheads! :)
    We have very few signs of spring here...my daffodils are not even 5 inches yet...my hosta and lillies are barely peeping. :(