Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Hey JL, Philly Cheese steak

FlaPoolmanFlaPoolman Posts: 11,670
edited 6:15AM in EggHead Forum
This is for JL, how to make a cheese steak without shrimp :huh: :sick:

2# ribeye after 2 hours in the freezer
101_4792.jpg

on to the slicer and sliced thin
101_4793.jpg
101_4794.jpg

fry some onions
100_4808.jpg

then add the meat
100_4809.jpg

almost done,,, then add the cheese, no whiz here
100_4810.jpg
100_4811.jpg

then the roll
100_4812.jpg

scoop whole then add more cheese
100_4813.jpg

took 4 napkins to eat this so I know it's authentic
100_4815.jpg

Big thanks to lowercasebill for sending me a couple packs of the philly rolls

100_4814.jpg

Great way to end a day of doing nothing but wetting a line

100_4803.jpg

100_4806.jpg

100_4807.jpg

100_4800.jpg

Comments

• EggsakleyEggsakley Posts: 1,015
    Looks delish, but where are the shrimp? :woohoo:
  • Nice. Make one for me, I'm on my way over!!
    I'm glad you got to go fishing for a change.
    Happily egging on my original large BGE since 1996... now the owner of 6 eggs. Call me crazy, everyone else does!
  • LDDLDD Posts: 1,225
    nice lookin sandwich... love all the pics
    context is important :)
  • FluffybFluffyb Posts: 1,815
    What a sandwich! Fishing pics are so pretty.
  • cookn bikercookn biker Posts: 13,407
    Pat, THAT is how it's done!
    Guess I know what I'm cooking this weekend. Nice fishing shots, you catch your limit?
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
    LBGE, MBGE, SBGE , MiniBGE and a Mini Mini BGE
  • FlaPoolmanFlaPoolman Posts: 11,670
    shrimp cheese steak seems to be a Arkansas thing. Just trying to teach my buddy JL how to do them proper :laugh: :laugh:
    I have one with your name on it Faith ;)
    Thanks the weather was great
    Thanks Teresa, the inlet can be a nice place on a weekday when it's not crowded
    Molly, I got my limit of peace and quiet. Lost my dad 19 years ago today so it was nice to just get away and reflect.
  • CrimsongatorCrimsongator Posts: 5,791
    No whiz?
    I remember going to Pat's as a kid back in,,,, lets just say a long time ago :whistle: no, whiz is not original. Most were white american or provolone and ketchup was the only condiment offered B)
  • 2Fategghead2Fategghead Posts: 9,623
    Nice Philly Cheese steak Pat. :)

I wish I was at your house today.

Can I assume your gunna make some more steak and cheese hoggies until one or the other is gone? I think I could name that tune in about 14 hours or so. :P
    Might have to get more ribeye. I made 3 today, 2 were mine, so there is enough left for 1 more. I can't let the rolls go to waste now can I? :whistle:
  • 2Fategghead2Fategghead Posts: 9,623
    :laugh: Ha you gotta get more ribeye meat then when the philly rolls run out but, you still have meat it's time for uncle bill to send more rolls... :woohoo:

I see where this is going. ;)
    Provolone is my favorite
    I'm holding his CI pan hostage :evil:
    boars head has a smoked provolone thats not bad, good on turkey sandwiches
    I need to check that one out.
    You have mail
    not according to my mailbox :huh:
    Oops, I sent stike an email. Posted to you by accident Pat. Talking about quality grades of cattle. Pretty boring stuff (unless you are the steer)
  • tjvtjv Posts: 3,483
    aren't you on the wrong end of I95 for that sammie, LOL. t
    www.ceramicgrillstore.com ACGP, Inc.
  • elzbthelzbth Posts: 2,075
    Yummmmm...excellent sandwich! Beautiful afternoon for "wetting a line"... :)
  • Little ChefLittle Chef Posts: 4,725
    Pat...PLEASE tell me that's not ketchup on a Philly??? :blink: :sick: Other than that, it looks great! And that is one VERY happy woman with those fish!! Were those a gift?? :huh: B)
  • JLOCKHART29JLOCKHART29 Posts: 5,897
    Sir Pat, You are indeed the fishing King as evedent by the nice drum ya snagged. (Personally I don't care for drums and had reather see high resulution close ups of babes on the beach run'en round half clothed than drums but thats just a personal preferance. :whistle: :P) Next I appreciate the ground breaking photography special effects in pic 12 and 14 with the really nice framing :laugh:! Lastly Patric I regret to say I have absulutly NO respect for your so called Philly cheese Stake. Someone like me Could be forgiven for not including shrimps in a proper Philly being some what inland but someone living that close to the food source could NEVER be forgiven for making such a hurendus mistake!! :pinch: :sick: Please sir in the future stick to what you do best.... go snag some more "drums"!!!! ;) I got to go to work. :S
  • GriffinGriffin Posts: 7,434
    Looks good, Pat, but what is that red sauce? IS that ketchup?

Richardson, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

• Egg JujuEgg Juju Posts: 658
    Thats a good looking sammich! Rib eye is the way to go and the rolls look tasty too. I prefer the sliced cheese too... preferably white American cheese.
    Large and Small BGE * www.quelfood.com
  • lowercasebilllowercasebill Posts: 5,218
    now that is a proper cheeese steak well done,, let me know i will send rolls as you need.
  • lowercasebilllowercasebill Posts: 5,218
    what about the andouille????