Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone’s enjoying the first few days of summer. For us, the weather heating up means one thing - the EGG’s gonna be busy! Whether you’re making stuffed burgers for a backyard grill out, some brats before a baseball game or searing a steak for dinner on the patio, we hope you’re doing it with full flavor and having fun all the while!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Menards RO lump sale

FockerFocker Posts: 1,794
edited 12:02AM in EggHead Forum
Time to stock up fellow lump hoarders!
8.8lb RO Steak House(green bag) lump for $3.99 through May 1st.

Here is some green bag in action(most recent cook) with last years sale stash

005-14.jpg
003-15.jpg

Substituted 2C King Arthur whole wheat flour on Zippy's Original, used spare rib trimmings from another cook in the grinder attachment with a blend of italian seasonings for the sassage.

In this Menards ad, they have a Char-Griller Big Red Kamado Grill for $279. "1/3 the cost of comparable ceramic models" :lol:
Might have to give "Big Red" a once over when I stop in this week.
Sorry for the rambling, blame it on the Newcastle :woohoo:
Brandon
Quad Cities
Hollin' bout huh, egga what!?  Huh, give a Fock egga what!?
·

Comments

• loco_engrloco_engr Posts: 3,673
    Thanks for the heads up on the RO Sale!

A new Menards just opened up in Manhattan,KS and last week their price was $5.98 for 8.8# of RO Steakhouse!

Road trip! :lol:
    ·
  • RRPRRP Posts: 15,602
    Thanks, buddy! I actually had missed that tiny part of the ad since my eye was drawn to that $279 "Big Red Kamado Grill" ad.

At $3.99 for 8.8 pounds that computes to .45 per pound vs. the .64 per pound at Wally World next door...that's a 42% savings! As long as the bag says it is a product of USA I intend to fill up my Tracker this week for sure! Only problem in the past that the Menards just 4 miles from me never seems to carry it.

BTW the other ad I saw now of 10 pounds of Hickory chunks for $3.94 is a bargain at local prices so I'm going for that as well!
    Ron
    Dunlap, IL
    ·
  • FockerFocker Posts: 1,794
    No problem guys

Ron, if they don't carry it, send me an email and I can bring down a dozen or so bags for ya in June ;)

Would it be possible to place a Rutland order for the Peoria Eggfest?

I overlooked the 10lb Hickory chunks. Could use a bag of them to!
    Brandon
    Quad Cities
    ·
    Thanks for the offer, but if our Menards doesn't have it I know the one in a nearby town carries it year around.

As for the gasket - no problem - I'll bring it.
    Ron
    Dunlap, IL
    ·
    Vielen Dank Herr RRP ;)
    Brandon
    Quad Cities
    ·
    I just scored 16 bags! By the way it was stacked it has obviously been removed from a pallet and sloppily re-stacked on the floor by some gorilla as several bags were torn and some were covered with charcoal dust.
    IMG_2151.jpg
    Ron
    Dunlap, IL
    ·
    That should last a couple months :woohoo:
    Brandon
    Quad Cities
    ·
  • eenie meenieeenie meenie Posts: 4,392
    XYRN, I sure wish I hadn't opened this post. I already made the mistake of going to Lowe's and getting 20 bags of Cowboy at $4/ bag when Judy Mayberry posted the sale. Now my feet are itching to get another 20 bags of the Royal Oak for $3 / bag, yet I already have about 10 bags of the RO. Stop enticing me. :lol:
    ·
  • thirdeyethirdeye Posts: 7,428
    DSC06714.jpg

Man, I'm already dangerous enough when the stuff is $1 off regular price, I home my store has the same sale.
    Happy Trails
    ~thirdeye~

Barbecue is not rocket surgery
    ·
  • BigBadgerBigBadger Posts: 461
    Man... This sucks. That's dirt cheap!!

I went shopping for lump yesterday because I'm down to my last 10# bag of RO blue and the local Walmart doesn't have it any more. Home depot doesn't carry lump and the RONA only has Kingsford lump at $1.50/lb...Home Hardware has Maple Leaf for about $1.40/lb. Then there are a couple of specialty places that have #20 bags of Cowboy for $25... Posts like yours are depressing!!! I gotta get into the States someday soon, stay the required 5 days and bring back my $400 limit!! :angry:
    ·
  • thebtlsthebtls Posts: 2,300
    Not in Columbia I just bought ten bags for $5.98 most I've ever paid.
    Visit my blog, dedicated to my Big Green Egg Recipies at http://www.bigtsbge.blogspot.com You can also follow my posts on FaceBook under the name Keep On Eggin' or the link http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Keep-On-Eggin/198049930216241
    ·
  • BOWHUNRBOWHUNR Posts: 1,456
    Thanks for the tip XYRN. I just bought 15 bags today at the West Omaha Menards for $3.99 each and I'm seriously considering going back for 25 more this weekend.

Since my old favorite Fire King is dead, this is a big score.

Thanks Again,

Mike

I'm ashamed what I did for a Klondike Bar!!

Omaha, NE
    ·