Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Menards RO lump sale

Options
Focker
Focker Posts: 8,364
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Time to stock up fellow lump hoarders!
8.8lb RO Steak House(green bag) lump for $3.99 through May 1st.

Here is some green bag in action(most recent cook) with last years sale stash

005-14.jpg
003-15.jpg

Substituted 2C King Arthur whole wheat flour on Zippy's Original, used spare rib trimmings from another cook in the grinder attachment with a blend of italian seasonings for the sassage.

In this Menards ad, they have a Char-Griller Big Red Kamado Grill for $279. "1/3 the cost of comparable ceramic models" :lol:
Might have to give "Big Red" a once over when I stop in this week.
Sorry for the rambling, blame it on the Newcastle :woohoo:
Brandon
Quad Cities
"If yer gonna denigrate, familiarity with the subject is helpful."

Comments

• loco_engr
    loco_engr Posts: 5,765
    Options
    Thanks for the heads up on the RO Sale!

A new Menards just opened up in Manhattan,KS and last week their price was $5.98 for 8.8# of RO Steakhouse!

Road trip! :lol:
    aka marysvilleksegghead
    Lrg 2008
    mini 2009
    XL 2021 (sold 8/24/23)
    Henny Youngman:
    I said to my wife, 'Where do you want to go for our anniversary?' She said, 'I want to go somewhere I've never been before.' I said, 'Try the kitchen.'
    Bob Hope: When I wake up in the morning, I don’t feel anything until noon, and then it’s time for my nap
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,889
    Options
    Thanks, buddy! I actually had missed that tiny part of the ad since my eye was drawn to that $279 "Big Red Kamado Grill" ad.

At $3.99 for 8.8 pounds that computes to .45 per pound vs. the .64 per pound at Wally World next door...that's a 42% savings! As long as the bag says it is a product of USA I intend to fill up my Tracker this week for sure! Only problem in the past that the Menards just 4 miles from me never seems to carry it.

BTW the other ad I saw now of 10 pounds of Hickory chunks for $3.94 is a bargain at local prices so I'm going for that as well!
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • Focker
    Options
    No problem guys

Ron, if they don't carry it, send me an email and I can bring down a dozen or so bags for ya in June ;)

Would it be possible to place a Rutland order for the Peoria Eggfest?

I overlooked the 10lb Hickory chunks. Could use a bag of them to!
    Brandon
    Quad Cities

• RRP
    Options
    Thanks for the offer, but if our Menards doesn't have it I know the one in a nearby town carries it year around.

As for the gasket - no problem - I'll bring it.
  • Focker
    Options
    Vielen Dank Herr RRP ;)
    Brandon
    Quad Cities

• RRP
    Options
    I just scored 16 bags! By the way it was stacked it has obviously been removed from a pallet and sloppily re-stacked on the floor by some gorilla as several bags were torn and some were covered with charcoal dust.
    IMG_2151.jpg
  • Focker
    Options
    That should last a couple months :woohoo:
    Brandon
    Quad Cities

• eenie meenie
    eenie meenie Posts: 4,394
    Options
    XYRN, I sure wish I hadn't opened this post. I already made the mistake of going to Lowe's and getting 20 bags of Cowboy at $4/ bag when Judy Mayberry posted the sale. Now my feet are itching to get another 20 bags of the Royal Oak for $3 / bag, yet I already have about 10 bags of the RO. Stop enticing me. :lol:
  • thirdeye
    thirdeye Posts: 7,428
    Options
    DSC06714.jpg

Man, I'm already dangerous enough when the stuff is $1 off regular price, I home my store has the same sale.
    Happy Trails
    ~thirdeye~

Barbecue is not rocket surgery
  • BigBadger
    BigBadger Posts: 461
    Options
    Man... This sucks. That's dirt cheap!!

I went shopping for lump yesterday because I'm down to my last 10# bag of RO blue and the local Walmart doesn't have it any more. Home depot doesn't carry lump and the RONA only has Kingsford lump at $1.50/lb...Home Hardware has Maple Leaf for about $1.40/lb. Then there are a couple of specialty places that have #20 bags of Cowboy for $25... Posts like yours are depressing!!! I gotta get into the States someday soon, stay the required 5 days and bring back my $400 limit!! :angry:
  • thebtls
    thebtls Posts: 2,300
    Options
    Not in Columbia I just bought ten bags for $5.98 most I've ever paid.
    Visit my blog, dedicated to my Big Green Egg Recipies at http://www.bigtsbge.blogspot.com You can also follow my posts on FaceBook under the name Keep On Eggin' or the link http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Keep-On-Eggin/198049930216241
  • BOWHUNR
    BOWHUNR Posts: 1,487
    Options
    Thanks for the tip XYRN. I just bought 15 bags today at the West Omaha Menards for $3.99 each and I'm seriously considering going back for 25 more this weekend.

Since my old favorite Fire King is dead, this is a big score.

Thanks Again,

Mike

I'm ashamed what I did for a Klondike Bar!!

Omaha, NE