Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Vinegar Sauce - How Long Will It Last?

Options
Jasper
Jasper Posts: 378
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Hi all, I made some vinegar sauce for the pulled pork I made yesterday. There's quite a bit left so I'd like to save it for later pulled pork cooks.

How long should it last? Should I refrigerate it?

These are the ingredients:
Apple cider vinegar
White vinegar
Brown sugar
White sugar
Mustard powder
Cayenne pepper powder
Splash of Tabasco
Salt & Pepper

Thanks!

Comments

• stike
    stike Posts: 15,597
    Options
    refrigerated? it'll last longer than you (for safety). a year, 18 months maybe (for quality)
    ed egli avea del cul fatto trombetta -Dante
  • Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    Options
    I make a similar recipe and store it in a glass container in the pantry... right next to the vinegar. :) When it's gone, I make more.

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• Jasper
    Jasper Posts: 378
    Options
    Thanks! I just wanted to make sure.
  • Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,533
    Options
    what stike and cq said, looking at the ingredient list, none of them needed refrigeration, i don't think the baddies stand a chance thriving in that concoction B) btw, how did your paella pan handle-bending turn out?
    Gary
    canuckland