Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It doesn’t get much hotter than the EGG cookin’ in July! Make sure to keep yourself hydrated with a bit of whatever you’re using for the Beer Can Chicken. Ice Cream Sandwiches are also a great way to stay cool. Looking for some great ideas for a summer cook out? Try out a Pimento Cheeseburger or Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise. Just don’t be surprised if your neighbors stop by for a quick bite when they smell what you’re cooking!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

SOFT PRETZELS

frankie482frankie482 Posts: 254
edited 7:01PM in EggHead Forum
Made these for the first time and they turned out great.

Very easy to do.

I used http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=40231.

IMG_0215.jpg

IMG_0214.jpg
·

Comments

• Those look great ;) How did you shape them? Mine always turn out deformed looking.
    ·
  • Looks great Frankie-I wish I had one to go with the Wachusett's Ryde right now. Nice shaping.
    ·
  • wkygriller wrote:
    Those look great ;) How did you shape them? Mine always turn out deformed looking.

Hand rolled the dough into a long piece about 2 feet long and then made a U shape.

Then folded the ends over and pinched them into the dough.

The process is kinda hard to describe.

I made eight pretzels.

The first four looked funny.

Of course I "forgot" to take pictures of those! :)
    ·
  • RGBHVRGBHV Posts: 1,317
    I like that -

I think I'll keep that recipe in my back pocket for when I'm in the Dog House. Making some of those would be like a get out of jail free card.

Michael
    ·
  • AZRPAZRP Posts: 10,116
    I love making those, problem is, I only eat one then feel guilty about all the carbs. Then I have to give the rest away. -RP
    ·
  • PjoePjoe Posts: 224
    OK..... NOW you've gone a put another cook on my to do list :angry: Those look great!

Bill
    LBGE AR SMALL BGE WOO RING
    ·
  • Very nice looking knots! I really want to make some.. time is the issue... there's just not enough of it!
    ·
  • FlaPoolmanFlaPoolman Posts: 11,670
    You never sent any to me :angry: :P I could eat 10 of them in one setting. Yours look a lot better than mine also.
    100_1864.jpg
    ·
  • FlaPoolmanFlaPoolman Posts: 11,670
    Frankie I've made Altons recipe before and the boil is where mine get distorted. I have an old south philly non boil recipe around here somewhere that my mom clipped from a paper back in the 60's. I'll post it here when I come across it. A little mustard and I could eat those things all night.
    ·
  • uglydoguglydog Posts: 256
    They look mighty tasty. I think you just inspired me to try some pretzels. Yours look like real pretzels; I am a firm believer in "free form" pizzas, and my pretzels will also probably follow the free form method. Thanks for the recipe.
    Uglydog
    ·