Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Chicken Parmesan

Options
Ross in Ventura
Ross in Ventura Posts: 7,234
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I don't usually cook skinless chicken but this recipe got me thinking it could be special.
DSC_0003-45.jpg
The raws.
DSC_0004-41.jpg

DSC_0005-42.jpg
I bought thin cut chicken breast so didn't have to pound them thin.
DSC_0006-43.jpg

DSC_0009-43.jpg

DSC_0011-29.jpg

DSC_0012-44.jpg
On a raised grid platesetter feet up and a drip pan @ 350*
DSC_0014-40.jpg
Pulled at 45-min.
DSC_0016-30.jpg

DSC_0020-24.jpg
Served with fresh asparagus and leftover garlic mashed potatoes. After all is said this was a special meal the garlic salt, cheese, and sourdough bread brought this chicken alive with flavor. I guess I traded chicken skin for butter Definitely a keeper recipe.
Recipe:
Chicken Parmesan
3 pieces sourdough bread (tear into crumbs and put in a blender or food processor; grind until it resembles coarse meal)
1 cup parsley or 1/4 bunch of parsley (see note)
3/4 cup good quality Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese, hand-grated
1 teaspoon garlic salt
1 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1 cup melted butter
1 large double breast, or 2 smaller double breasts of boneless chicken (pound until flattened to about inch in thickness; slice and divide into 4 pieces)
Blend bread and parsley in a blender or food processor. In a separate bowl mix the cheese and spices. Combine the bread and parsley with the cheese mixture.
Dip the chicken in melted butter and roll in the bread-cheese mixture. Drizzle the leftover butter over the chicken and bake at 350 degrees for about an hour, or until browned. Watch carefully.
Note: Thyme can be substituted for parsley.

Thanks for looking.

Ross

Comments