Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Cooks and drinks for the Holidays!

Options
Car Wash Mike
Car Wash Mike Posts: 11,244
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
With the Prime Rib, turkey and other fantastic cooks going on. What about Holiday drinks? After visiting the the store today (15 today Max and no luck but got a good lead). Found a 6 pack of Buckhorn light and a bunch of Vodka Twisters. Strawberry, Lemon, ect.[p]Just looking for good Holiday drinks for my annual party? I'm also tired of the Gin and Tonic.[p]CWM

Comments

• Chef Wil
    Chef Wil Posts: 702
    Options
    Car Wash Mike,
    you'll fall back in love with your gin and tonic if you ever experience tequilla and rootbeer with a twist of lime.......hehehehe

• Car Wash Mike,[p]I had it at a party in 2002, made it in 2003, and will make it again every year ever after. [p]Lee[p]BEITU (Best Eggnog in the Universe)[p]1 dozen eggs, separated
    ½ teaspoon salt
    2 ½ cups sugar
    2 (or more) cups bourbon
    ½ cup rum
    1 quart milk
    2 tablespoons vanilla
    3 pints cream [p]Beat egg yolks with salt. Add ½ cup sugar and beat until thick. Mix in bourbon, rum, quart of milk, and vanilla. Beat egg whites till foamy. Add remaining sugar to egg whites and beat till stiff. Whip cream until stiff. Fold egg whites and whipped cream into booze/milk mixture.[p]Chill well before serving.[p]Or, if you want something less traditional but fun, Mamma J on the BBQ Forum has a great recipe for "Strip and Go Nakeds", using beer, tequila and frozen lime-ade. DEE-LICIOUS![p]Lee[p]

• Car Wash Mike
    Options
    Chef Wil,[p]Crossed off my list.[p]CWM
  • Car Wash Mike
    Options
    QSis,[p]Thanks, looks a little light on the rum though. LOL Sounds great, wife has been wanting an eggnog for years. Printing off and see what we can do.[p]CWM
  • eggor
    eggor Posts: 777
    Options
    QSis,
    now i don't know what the rest of the ole farts or young squirts might say but i'm not gonna go beat eggor with salt and he hasn't showed were he hides his yolks. Sorry. its been a long day.[p]Scott

• Car Wash Mike
    Options
    Eggnog2003.jpg
    <p />Car Wash Mike,
    Qsis pic of eggnog. Looks great and potentially haremful.[p]Thanks.

• Car Wash Mike,
    I like some good old egg nogg and Myers Jamacan rum. [p]Jerry

• drbbq
    drbbq Posts: 1,152
    Options
    QSis,[p]Here's my version.[p]Big Green Eggnog[p]1 dozen eggs, separated
    ½ teaspoon salt
    2 ½ cups sugar
    2 (or more) cups bourbon
    ½ cup rum
    2 Tablespoons green food coloring
    1 quart milk
    2 tablespoons vanilla
    3 pints cream [p]Beat egg yolks with salt. Add ½ cup sugar and beat until thick. Mix in bourbon, rum, food coloring, quart of milk, and vanilla. Beat egg whites till foamy. Add remaining sugar to egg whites and beat till stiff. Whip cream until stiff. Fold egg whites and whipped cream into booze/milk mixture.[p]Chill well before serving.[p]

Ray Lampe Dr. BBQ
  • Car Wash Mike
    Options
    drbbq,
    Green food coloring looks good but I want the guests to leave at some point, Not stay all night. LOL[p]CWM

• Dr_Redwine
    Options
    Car Wash Mike,
    I saw this one on FoodTV but have not tried it as of yet. Hot apple cider spiked with cinnamon schnaps...sounds festive to me, but so does Jack and Coke.[p]DrR

• Nature Boy
    Nature Boy Posts: 8,687
    Options
    Hooter,
    Aww man! We have some Swedish friends, and they just had a glogg party last week! Yum. Man it was addicting, and real easy to drink. It was not any stronger than wine (well, maybe a tad due to evaporation). [p]I did not get a recipe, but I did see what they did. They took burgandy wine and heated it with a mixture of cinnamon sticks, cloves, cardamom and almonds. Maybe there was some other spices, but I think these were the key flavors.[p]The warm spiced wine is spooned into a cup with a few almonds and raisins. You sip the glogg, and spoon out the almonds and the raisins after they are soaked through. I can taste it now. It was really good.[p]Happy holiday drinking!
    Chris

DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
    Instagram: @DizzyPigBBQ
  • Bunch of different glogg recipes online. This one sounds similar to the one you had, Chris, but adds brandy.[p]I'd never heard of it but would like to try it now![p]Lee[p]Glogg with Cardamom and Raisins[p]2 bottles red wine
    2oz dried orange zest
    2oz cinnamon sticks
    20 cardamom seeds
    25 cloves
    16oz blanched almonds
    16oz raisins
    1lb sugar cubes
    5oz brandy [p]Bring wine to boil in a pot. In a cheesecloth, put the orange, cinnamon, cardamom and cloves. Tie and boil in pot for 15 minutes. Add in almonds and raisins; cook for 15 minutes. Remove from heat. [p]Add in sugar and brandy. Stir, and remove spices. Serve hot.

• Car Wash Mike,
    try this one, any color, type holidays etc..
    http://www.drinkalizer.com/

• Nature Boy
    Nature Boy Posts: 8,687
    Options
    QSis,
    Cool. Now that I see it written, there was definitely sugar in there. It was pretty sweet. I did not see the brandy go in, but I was definitely feeling a bit of a tingle after 4 of 'em. ~~ [p]You should give it a try. It sounds right up your alley!
    Cheers!!
    Chris

DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
    Instagram: @DizzyPigBBQ
  • BBQfan1
    BBQfan1 Posts: 562
    Options
    drbbq,
    Some creme de menthe would serve the same purpose (and more!) as green food colouring, wouldn't it? ;-)
    Qfan

• mad max beyond eggdome
    Options
    Car Wash Mike,
    i'm probably the wrong person to weigh in on this one. .my drink of choice goes just a well with any food, at any time of the day or night. . .best vintage is last week. . .and you can drink as much of it as you like and not need a designated driver. . .my drink of choice. . .classic coca cola. . .

• Bobby-Q
    Bobby-Q Posts: 1,994
    Options
    mad max beyond eggdome,
    You should move down here Max to be closer to the Mother Ship, both of them.[p]I'm a confirmed life long fan of the best beverage ever.

• mad max beyond eggdome
    Options
    Bobby-Q,
    i took spawn to coca cola world when we were there for octoberfest, along with the varsity and the big green egg, i told her we had indeed done all there was to do and see in hotlanta. . .sorry, i still need winter. .. . thank goodness i can get coke anywhere. ..heee

• Hooter
    Hooter Posts: 134
    Options
    Nature Boy,[p]And the really fun part of the recipe we use is that you get to light it on fire right after you put the sugar in there. Yee haw!
  • rose
    rose Posts: 37
    Options
    Car Wash Mike,
    here is a Christmas tradition its called apple pie and you can even use the green egg to keep it warm for passing the jug. But remember this is a sipping drink.

Title: Apple Pie
    Categories: Beverage
    Yield: 8 Servings

3 c Southern Comfort (100 Proof)
    1/2 gal. Unfiltered Apple Juice
    1 T Apple Pie Spice
    1 T Cinnamon
    4-5 Tablespoons Brown Sugar
    1/2 gal. Crock Jug
    Cheese Cloth For Spices

Put southern comfort in to the jug. Heat apple juice and sugar in a pot with the apple pie spice tied in cheese cloth or panty hose, simmer for about 5 minutes, add the apple juice mixture to the jug with the southern comfort serve warm. This a great drink to have around a camp
    fire. You can keep it warm by setting it near the fire.[p][p][p][p]

• Car Wash Mike
    Options
    Car Wash Mike,