Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Stumps Smoker

Options
FatMike
FatMike Posts: 464
edited November -1 in Off Topic
Anyone have any experience with any of his smokers. Looking to add a larger smoker to the arsenal for catering. Right now it's between a Lang or Stumps smoker.
Thanks all

Comments

• SMITTYtheSMOKER
    Options
    I find that my new (to me) Stumps is a very set and forget smoker once teamed with my Stoker. I cooked 75 lbs of extra meat in it a recent contest to serve to public...very little effort at all to maintain a 15-hour cook. Spicewine is another good choice, I just wanted to stay clear of pellets and add another charcoal burner that could handle a bigger load to my cooking arsenal.

-SMITTY     

from SANTA CLARA, CA

• FatMike
    FatMike Posts: 464
    Options
    Thank you for the info. How easy was is to control with the ball valve by itself? I seen your pics of it. That thing looks great
  • SMITTYtheSMOKER
    Options
    I truely don't know, as I haven't even tried that.

-SMITTY     

from SANTA CLARA, CA

• BobinFla
    Options
    I own 3 of them. (and maybe a 4th on the way)

What size and/or type are you looking for?

You will have about a 6 to 10 week wait once you order because they are individually made (unless you find someone upgrading, and selling a used one).

The gravity feed system will let you get the sleep you are used to getting with your BGE, a Lang will not. If you like the offset, reverse flow setup of the Lang, look closely at Stump's Platinum series.

Except for the Tailgater and the Backyard models, you'll not be able to get a sear like you can on your egg.

E-mail works, as I rarely check in here on this OT forum.

I love all of my Stump's Smokers

BOB
  • Crimsongator
    Options
    What are you bringing to Lynchburg?
  • SMITTYtheSMOKER
    Options
    We are a "Green" team, no thought about anything else.

-SMITTY     

from SANTA CLARA, CA