Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

What are you cooking for the Bristol night race?

Fluffyb
Fluffyb Posts: 1,815
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
We are huge NASCAR fans and this race is my favorite. It holds a special place in my heart as my honey & I fell in love at a party for it 10 years ago. It is on my bucket list to go to live. We are fixing smoked wings, some w/Wickingham's Cajun Hot rub and the others w/Red Eye Express, burgers, deviled eggs and corn on the cob. Finished pics later.

Go Smoke go!

017-8.jpg

018-6.jpg

Comments

• 61chev
    61chev Posts: 539
    we are having beef tenderloin filets and tater tots
  • tcracing
    tcracing Posts: 378
    I already cooked some babyback ribs for the race. I,ve never been to the night race, but I've been to Bristol for the March race. I'm going to the Atlanta race in a couple of weeks. Last year they had a display for the BGE and that was what sealed the deal to buy one. :)
    George Foreman? Who? 
    Tim C. Panama City, Fl. 
    Large, Minimax-soon
  • Fluffyb
    Cool! The Atlanta night race on Labor Day is turning into another favorite of mine. I've been to Fontana many times (we are season ticket holders), Las Vegas and Phoenix. Need to go east. Hope you are going to Eggtoberfest.
  • CBBQ
    CBBQ Posts: 610
    Up until a couple of years ago we held season tickets to quite a few tracks including Bristol. Without a doubt the Bristol night race and the Indianapolis 500 were the best events I've ever attended. I took my Dad for the night race and even though he's just a casual fan who's been all over the world he said it was in his "top 5" things he's been to.
  • FatMike
    FatMike Posts: 464
    We are excited for tonight's race. Last nights was good too. I'm smoking some chicken thighs and having some red beans and rice (spicy) that I cooked overnight with some crashed potatoes. Let go racing boys! :cheer:
  • Fluffyb
    That is so great! I know there were tickets available this year but finances did not allow this splurge. I've heard Indy is a spectacular event and they have kept the beer prices in tact!
  • CBBQ
    The beer and food at Indy are cheap because they allow people to bring almost anything in. But Indy is about being at an event. With the exception of a few seating areas it is the worlds worst place to see a race. With all of the buildings and stands on the infield you just get to see your little piece of it. The cars go by and then you wait 40+ seconds for them to come back by. LOL. The seating is cramped and with the straight front-stretch(straightaway) everybody is consantly leaning to see. At Bristol there are very few seats where you can't see the entire track. Plus Bristol has more bathrooms per fan than any other track. If you like watching people you don't even need a ticket. Just throw out a chair and watch some of the drunkest people on earth try to make it in, and barely out of the track.
  • Crimsongator
    Crimsongator Posts: 5,797
    She is clearly a bull rider. If that was a NASCAR fan, he would be riding and she would be pushing :woohoo:
  • Fluffyb
    And one of them would have driver gear on! Speaking as a Southern California born and raised NASCAR fan.
  • Crimsongator
    No, they are appropriately dressed for the series they are running in :blink:
  • milesofsmiles
    milesofsmiles Posts: 1,377
    FAST food popcorn & Beers. :):)
  • Crimsongator
    I can't help but notice 2 things:

1. the marlboro's in her mouth
    2. the flower that has fallen from her ear and now lays at his feet

That's true love. The only thing better would be an I Love my BGE sticker
  • CBBQ
    Gene,
    That picture has to be from Talladega, not Bristol. That's a WHOLE different group of people. LOL
  • FatMike
    FatMike Posts: 464
    CBBQ, I couldn't agree with you more. Growing up in Ohio I have been to the Indy 500 each year for the past 20 years with my father who is Indy nuts. We lug a cooler in stocked with beer and goodies but as far as seeing the race, we're in the NW vista so it some of turn 3 turn 4 and just a little of the straightaway other than that the best part is being there and saying you were. We always come home and watch the race that night to see what happened...LOL
  • Crimsongator
    I'll accept Talledega ... but not Bristol, really?
  • CBBQ
    Nope. The picture is at night. They're at the race then in Bristol. After the race there's no way the guy would have the energy to push her.
  • CBBQ
    That's the problem we always had. We'd go back to the hotel to watch the race but the 600 from Charlotte was always on at the same time. Plus, I couldn't stay awake that late.
  • tcracing
    tcracing Posts: 378
    I really want to, but two trips in just a couple of weeks apart is hard to do. I still haven't sad no, but it getting alittle late. I guess I need to eighter jump or get off the Egg.
    George Foreman? Who? 
    Tim C. Panama City, Fl. 
    Large, Minimax-soon
  • Jai-Bo
    Jai-Bo Posts: 584
    List of FAVORITE tracks!!!

ATLANTA----Best
    DAYTONA----Good
    TALLADEGA--Purty GOOD
    BRISTOL----Don't waste your money!!!

Since I live close to Tally, I have been there several time's and the 1st Nascar Race I ever went to was there so it will hold a special place in my heart. Atlanta was a SUPER track (I had GREAT seats) that is LOUD and action packed!!! Daytona was fun especially fer tailgating!!! Bristol was my last trip and will never waste $$$ again. Only good thing I can say is that parking was good and getting out wasn't too bad...

Sorry if I offended any "Bristol lovers" but if you are totally in love w/ Bristol, I suggest you visit different tracks..... :blink:
    Hunting-Fishing-Cookin' on my EGG! Nothing else compares!
  • Fluffyb
    Everyone's entitled to their opinion! Actually my fiance is also a Bristol hater. He loves the super speedways like Dega & Daytona. I personally love the speed at Atlanta.

To keep this somewhat on topic, corn & wings cooking. Got upset when Tony got hurt, so didn't get any burger or plated pics.

001-39.jpg