Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Pork Help Please

Tony S.
Tony S. Posts: 114
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I have smoked many pork butts and made some great pulled pork. My brother-in-law just dropped off some meat for me to do pulled pork for him. He brought me some pork roasts tied up. Can I do them the same way?
Manitoba, Canada Large BGE

Comments

• I would think so. They're probably tied up due to a missing bone. I've done pork butts, shoulders, roasts all the same way.
    Good luck!

Good eggin'
    -Paul
  • if it is a loin roast tied up pretty like a sausage might be, in order to keep it uniform, then it should be cooked like a roast. if it is tied up because it has been deboned, then it is probably a boneless shoulder, and though it's better bone-in, it'll be perfectly fine for pulled pork
  • Tony S.
    Tony S. Posts: 114
    They were pork roasts. I did them the same way that I would have done a the blade. They turned out great. Very moist. Moister than the ones I normally do. Are pork roasts a better cut than the shoulder??
    Manitoba, Canada Large BGE