Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Just realized this section was here

Options
Roll Tide
Roll Tide Posts: 505
edited November -1 in Weight Loss Forum
It seems as if 'q bruddah is the resident expert on fitness. That is great. It is really wonderful to have a comeradery of people focusing together to reach certain goals. I have been involved in fitness for quite a while as an ACE certified PT and other organizations. However, I have let licensure lapse and no longer train client, but still stay personally active through lifting, running, cycling, swimming, etc... I try to stay fit while cooking all this wonderful food, but it can be tempting to go off the deep end. I have always said exercising is the easy part for me as it is something I have learned to really enjoy, and that its the eating that gets me in trouble. I understand different perople have different vices and struggle in various areas. I have read some inspiring stories here of weight loss and hope maybe I can contribute in some meaningful way. Good luck!

Comments

• h20egg
    h20egg Posts: 168
    Options
    There is something somewhat ironic about pursuing fitness while pursuing the perfection of outdoor cookery on a BGE! In our 4 months or so we've done little beef, a lot of pork butts shared with others, and 2 sets of ribs. In other words, we've tried to be on the lighter side, with a lot of fish and chicken, and now into the pizza too. I think you can fully utilize the egg without endless ribeyes and pork butts, but it is somewhat of a challenge. At 59, and having weighed 170 8 years ago post my only marathon, I'd crept up to 208 (6'). We had an offer through work to do the Y cheap for 2 months, and wife lost 8, me 18, and yesterday at the end signed up for it. My experience is that just dieting alone won't get it in the long run, I'm hoping that if we stick with the exercise (which we did in past, but somewhere we just lost interest) we can ramp up the menu selections. But, it's all about moderation IMO. Right now, it's sort of, hey, we've worked hard for many years and closing in on retirement, so let's return to a bit healthier patterns so we can enjoy it for as long as we can. I see too many others who sort of let go and then suffer for it. Different subject, but that's the same reason I sold the motorcycle a few years back, seeing others suffer, in many cases through no fault of their own.
  • eyegolf
    eyegolf Posts: 8
    Options
    After a lot of research and reading I can tell you after 1 1/2 yrs of eating zero carb, I've never felt better in my life. All I eat is meat, seafood and eggs. Total carnivore and my bloodwork has never been better. It is the perfect way of life for BGE lovers! I'm actuallly purchasing my first BGE this week and can't wait to try big thick ribeyes and porterhouses on it! Here is the website that literally changed my life... www.zeroinginonhealth.com