Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

desktop background

Comments

• Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,669
    Tom I use a vacation pic from Seaside FL.
    SEASIDE08AUG010.jpg
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• Richard Fl
    Richard Fl Posts: 8,297
    NICE! Now imagine that the blue umbrellas were green and there were BGEs under each.
  • AlaskanC
    AlaskanC Posts: 1,346
    My boat. No cooking pics - I would be hungry all day!

boatinharbor1.jpg
  • Spring Chicken
    Spring Chicken Posts: 10,255
    Between our wonderful vacation in Alaska and your photos, we want to live in Alaska now that we're both retired.

Any ideas where we should put down Eggs?

Spring "Have Eggs Will Travel One Way" Chicken
    Spring Texas USA
  • FlaPoolman
    FlaPoolman Posts: 11,676
    I still use my long departed buddy

100_0885.jpg

But my screen saver is eggtoberfest 2008. Hate when it goes to the screen saver because I'll usually wake up the next morning with a hangover :pinch:
  • eenie meenie
    eenie meenie Posts: 4,394
    I filched this Dalai Lama with an Egg wallpaper from the forum. Everyone who walks into my office comments.
    I am sorry I do not know the name of the source....perhaps some egghead out there can help credit the source.

InternetExplorerWallpaper.jpg
  • Gator Bait
    Gator Bait Posts: 5,244

I wonder if Ansel ever dropped a camera? I bet he did. I had the pleasure of meeting him and you never met a nicer man. He, Minor White who made the Zone System famous and Paul Caponigro and others used to lecture at our school back in the dark ages. I like to think something rubbed off. :laugh:

Blair

• Ripnem
    Ripnem Posts: 5,511
    Julie,

Just right click on it and nab it. ;)
  • FatMike
    FatMike Posts: 464
    My 5y/o....I had to do it..LOL

6576_1216800103786_1342350917_30619738_3193239_n.jpg
  • AlaskanC
    AlaskanC Posts: 1,346
    seriously? Won't you guys freeze up here? We've only had 3 days over 70 degrees this whole summer!

Hmm.... but I don't know where you would want to settle in this state. Its pretty much all about fishing & boating in Southeast - and up North....man its reaaallllly cold up there!

That being said, I would be happy if you moved here to Sitka!!
  • current one is an abstract thing. it's actually a rendering of a model i made a while back. some sort of mathematical formula expressed in 3d. couldn't tell you what it was. i modeled it and zoomed in on a random spot and rendered it.

Untitled.jpg

used to use this one at work, along with many more, in an ironic attempt to be 'cool' by being patently uncool.

the series was (i still have them in a folder, hahah) brady bunch peeps, gilligan's island, endora from bewitched... captain kirk and hasselhohf too.

mrT.jpg

mostly i tend to using abstracts instead of photos. i work on my computer all day doing graphics, and i think the abstracts never get in the way or affect me subconsciously. hard to explain. i really want (need) my background to be a background.

here's a shot of a pool i used for a long while. reminds me of that quiet place at the bottom of the pool, in the deep end, when you lay down and hold your breath for a good long while

deepend.jpg

FYI, for those of you with a bunch of images you like, you can set it so that the desktop is a continuous slideshow. I did that with the 70's TV show images when i worked in an office. i felt pretty old when the kids there had no idea who any of them were.
  • Village Idiot
    Village Idiot Posts: 6,959
    I attended a lecture he gave (early '70s). I had bought one of his coffee table books and I had him sign it.

I haven't seen it in years. Probably in somebody's attic, waiting for the next garage sale. :(

Dripping Springs, Texas.
    Just west of Austintatious

• Spring Chicken
    Spring Chicken Posts: 10,255
    You're probably right about the weather. 70° is cold to us older Texans.

Also right about the fishing. I'm just not a fisherman. When we lived in Miami we learned that we should be playing in the ocean. So we bought a sailboat. It didn't take long to figure out that sailing wasn't for us. So I'm also not a sailor.

But we can sure dream.

By the way, beautiful boat.

Spring "Birds Of A Feather Stick Together In Texas Weather" Chicken
  • tach18k
    tach18k Posts: 1,607
    here are a couple helio900.jpg

cabin010.jpg

cartmancop.jpg

cabinbackside.jpg
  • mr toad
    mr toad Posts: 779
    my little sailboat, "mr toad"
    DSC_0310.jpg

from the potager
    kitchen-garden.jpg

daughter and granddaughter - paris
    DSC_0408.jpg

winter in the garden
    DSCN1459pp.jpg
    See no Evil - Hear no Evil - Speak no Evil
                        Smoke no Evil

BGE - Mini, Small, Medium, Large
  • BurntRaw
    BurntRaw Posts: 565
    Hey, where is the Hoff?!!

You must be pretty upset with that big Hoff roast coming up (or did it happen already?).
  • BurntRaw
    BurntRaw Posts: 565
    That is great! :laugh:
  • BENTE
    BENTE Posts: 8,337
    i have used a couple my current one is one i helped on.

last eggtoberfest i got there at 5:30 with a bunch of people and set my stuff up. we came back and they started letting us have eggs. well since they had the new handles on them we just started grabbing them and lining them up on the back row of the motherships area. well when we got them all back there i grabbed celtic wolf's mapp torch and started lighting them. well when i got them all lit i yelled to sparky to take a couple photos (because my camera was at the hotel with the rest of my family sleeping). well he took the photos and emailed them to me a couple weeks later with my CWM photos ;)

Picture114.jpg

if you look at the photo on my screen there is someone else taking a photo from the other end. i don't know who it is but it sorta looks like "The Spawn" but i can't be sure. i have two photos on my computer and this is the best one it is from the right angle... so thanks doug

here was my last one it is the skyline of pittsburgh with a couple lombardi trophy's

Sixburgh1.jpg

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

"Life is too short to be diplomatic. A man's friends shouldn't mind what he does or says- and those who are not his friends, well, the hell with them. They don't count."

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

• Fidel
    Fidel Posts: 10,172
    I used this one for a long, long time:

earth-at-night-1600x12002.jpg

But this is my current:

bassredeye1lowerChattoogaAug2008.jpg
  • Bordello
    Bordello Posts: 5,926
    I'm using Third Eyes lemon breasted chicken, it show's up so big everyone thinks it a turkey not to mention they can't believe what they're looking at. :woohoo:

But being it's on my computer they're not surprised. :whistle: :silly: :lol:

A great hump day to ya,
    Bordello
  • 427sohc
    427sohc Posts: 21
  • Fidel
    Fidel Posts: 10,172
    That's utterly repulsive. How could anyone stoop so low as to do that to a poor defenseless young child.

(I'm talking about the OSU shirt)
  • Ripnem
    Ripnem Posts: 5,511
    Bente,

Good to know the story behind the pic. It's been on mine since I saw it.

Thanks
  • BENTE
    BENTE Posts: 8,337
    yours is the other picture sparky took but he was standing rather than squatting on your photo. i like the angle of the one i have better. but sparky took both photos ;)

i think there are a couple on the naked whiz's site that are from a couple diffrent angles.. but i got to go see if i can find it

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

"Life is too short to be diplomatic. A man's friends shouldn't mind what he does or says- and those who are not his friends, well, the hell with them. They don't count."

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

• FatMike
    FatMike Posts: 464
    LOL...that reply gave me a good chuckle...
  • cookn biker
    cookn biker Posts: 13,407
    One my dead computer I had RTD"S close up picture of a sun flower.
    Now I have a picture from Blair. An egret.

ATT00001.jpg
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
    LBGE, MBGE, SBGE , MiniBGE and a Mini Mini BGE
  • lowercasebill
    lowercasebill Posts: 5,218
    ho do you do that ?