Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Harbor Freight weed burner

WessB
WessB Posts: 6,937
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Seemed like a pretty good deal to me...$12.99 + $6.99 S/H...I have no idea how long this is good for, merely passing along the savings...
http://www.harborfreight.com/propane-torch-91033.html

Comments

• Cecil
    Cecil Posts: 771
    Thanks Wess

Walt
  • Richard Fl
    Richard Fl Posts: 8,297
    Thanks. Are there small propane bottles for portability or do you have to use the large monster for fuel?
  • Matt
    Matt Posts: 143
    Richard --

I have a small Weber gasser for camping and tailgating that runs off of "plumber's propane" -- the small blue canisters. I can get an adapter that allows me to attach to a large propane tank instead, though I haven't done it. I assume that a reverse adapter would also exist.

Matt
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,669
    might be time for a new one, mines about 8 years old, still works great but looks like hell, guess leaving it out all year long in the rain, snow, sun isnt the best for them, will treat my new one the same way :laugh:
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • WessB
    WessB Posts: 6,937
    Richard..I have no idea, I've personally never used one of these, but know that a lot of people here like to play with em. I would agree with the adapter theory tho...
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,669
    Thanks Wess, have thought about wanting one. NOW seemed to be the time.
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• HungryMan
    HungryMan Posts: 3,470
  • MAC
    MAC Posts: 442
    Rich

I have one and a small LP tank. You know the one that looks like a 40 BBer but small. It sets in the garage on top of my big tank with the weed burner attached. just take it out and light Mr. Egg right up. It is GRRR . . .ATE for A personalities. LOL
  • FlaPoolman
    FlaPoolman Posts: 11,676
    Richard, you can use the small tanks with the same connector but the little bottles while having the correct water column inches of pressure static won't handle the volume at 1/2 or fully open.
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,669
    Did just order, how would a smaller size of 11 or 4 1/2
    tank work? Anyone do this?
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• Jupiter Jim
    Jupiter Jim Posts: 3,351
    Richard,
    Here ya go this is all I use to light the large and medium eggs, use a map for the mini.
    IMG_3158.jpg
    IMG_3159.jpg
    IMG_3157.jpg
    Got the tank adapter at Bass Pro Shops.
    Have one in FL and one in NC.
    Pat is correct about the tank if you try to go wide open throttle the liquid propane will frez up the nozzle, no big deal ya don't need wide open throttle.
    Jupiter Jim

I'm only hungry when I'm awake!

Okeechobee FL. Winter

West Jefferson NC Summer