Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Large egg in a Honda Civic

sbmfj
sbmfj Posts: 37
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Hi,

I want to buy my first BGE (large), and will have to pick it up. Do you think it would fit in an 2005 cicv (4 door sedan). I figure Id have to unpack it, an but a part in the front, and rest in the back. do you guys thinkn this would work?

Here's a pic of my car....

2005-Honda-Civic-1.jpg

Comments

• Photo Egg
    Photo Egg Posts: 12,110
    Yep.
    If not buy an XL BGE and put your Civic in the Egg and have the Egg delivered :laugh:
    Darian
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • Misippi Egger
    Misippi Egger Posts: 5,095
    Now THAT is funny!!! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • I had a fully assembled medium with mates belted into my back seat (2007 Civic) a few weeks ago. I think you'll be fine - put the base in the back seat, the dome and the internals in the trunk. Stuff things around them in the trunk so they don't slide around.

I used to justify owning a Land Cruiser for situations like this. Now I see that a normal sedan works 99.9% of the time, and burns 40% of the gas.
  • asianflava
    asianflava Posts: 313
    Yeah you can do it pretty easily. I transported 80 dozen donuts in my CRX when I was in High School. Just remove the dome and put the rest in the front seat, and strap a seatbelt on it. Then put the dome in the back seat or trunk.
  • SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    The large is about 21.5 inches in diameter out of the box if that helps. I think you could probably let the biggest part of the egg ride shotgun, and gingerly place the firebox and fire ring in the back. The other boxes that contain the dome and the hardware would probably all fit.

It would be much easier to borrow a pickup, suv, or minivan ;)

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• Bobby-Q
    Bobby-Q Posts: 1,994
    Well I have a picture on my phone of a Mini Cooper with a Lareg EGG® and another one of a Samrt Car with a Large Egg in the back of it.

You'll be fine.
  • Bacchus
    Bacchus Posts: 6,019
    I bet Randy could pack an XL on a Vespa! ;)
  • Fidel
    Fidel Posts: 10,172
    I saw him put an XL into the trunk of a Mercedes C class.
  • Bobby-Q
    Bobby-Q Posts: 1,994
    Randy is a master at that.

Naned and Sretko and Hai can also do some amazing things with small spaces.
  • Gator Bait
    Gator Bait Posts: 5,244

Good luck sbmjf, I have a two door and everything has to go on the roof.

DSC_0023copy.jpg

My '93 EX, the bale of hay was optional. ;)

Gator

• BurntRaw
    BurntRaw Posts: 565
    If I can get a small home in a Z you should be able to get a large into a Honda.

fd1f77b1.jpg
  • sbmfj
    sbmfj Posts: 37
    thanks for your help everyone!!
  • that is some fantastic photoshop work there. i may hire you if you have some free time! :laugh:
  • I brought mine home in a 93 tempo which I'm sure is smaller than the Civic, you'll be fine, and welcome to the madness.

Doug
  • Gator Bait
    Gator Bait Posts: 5,244

Thanks St!ke, Taking telephone and power lines out of photos like I did with WWsis's photo is when it gets tricky.

85cefe0eA_640.jpg85cefe0eFinal_Edit2A_640.jpg

Or removing an annoying branch . . .
    I did this one years ago, it is less perfect but works for the most part.

IMG_1138A_640.jpgIMG_1138TEMPA_640.jpg

As I recall one of the hardest things about putting the bale of hay on my car was searching the web for a picture of the hay that I could make look somewhat right. If that had been a serious project I could have edited it down at the pixel level and it would have blended in better. I was looking at that this morning and wondering if I could have lowered the car on it's suspension to look even more real but decided that it would have created a whole new set of problems and life is to short. :laugh:

I have time and would be interested.

Gator

• Hitch
    Hitch Posts: 402
    They would rather take a ride in a plane than a Honda, but they seem to like my small pretty well.
    smallintruck.jpg
  • Hi Hitch
    Pretty slick idea with light mounted to handle. Almost did not notice it. What brand is that & how did you mount it? Looks custom. Thanks
    BGE'er since 1996 Large BGE 1996, Small BGE 1996, Mini BGE 1997
  • Hitch
    Hitch Posts: 402
    Weber makes it, and it is a very standard light. Will fit most all grill handles, but certainly fits the green egg handle well.

Amazon has it real cheap and in stock...takes 48 seconds to install. :laugh:

http://www.amazon.com/Weber-6503-Q-Handle-Light/dp/B000WEPFT0
  • those two are more successful. i was being facetious about the hay bale image. hahaha

shadows aren't black (or grey) for one thing. and why is there no shadow on the ground from the car but the hay bale creates a shadow?

just giving you grief. i'm pretty sure you did it quickly as a joke, so my 'critique' was intended as an overly hard-*ss dig. i have my fair share of bad photoshop edits, especially here. witness most photos in the BigGreenDave series. :laugh:

the rianbow edit was perfect. healing brush?

the branch was pretty good, but as you say, you can always do more. how much time do you want to really spend, you know? just be careful with the clone brush, that telegraphs blatantly sometimes. the human eye will find repetition and pattern anywhere