Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Enough of the BS...

Options
WessB
WessB Posts: 6,937
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Jeffersonian ..who has nothing positive to offer this forum has taken it upon himself to personnaly attack me for responding to a totally inaccurate post by Tweeve...of which he totally manipulated to his his own liking..this entire issue has gotten dragged way out of proportion...Tweev offers incorrect advice to newbies...which needs to be clarified....Jeffersonian only shows up when it's time to shove the knife in Wess otherwise he has NO productive posts at all.....take it for what it is...this crap has been building for to long...and life is to short....I'm done...

Comments

• Gator Bait
    Gator Bait Posts: 5,244
    Options

Hey Wess, you have been a great source of information and friendship for everyone here since about Thanksgiving, 2004. You have a great and informative web site and have earned the right to walk this place with pride. I have a heart full of respect for you and pray I have the privilege of getting to meet you at a fest one of these years. I do not follow all the confrontations here on the forum because as you say life is way to short and it is not my position to take sides. I have a lot to learn and am no mans judge. I will tell you this, when all the dust settles and the sun comes out again I pray that you are still here with us with a smile and a peaceful heart. Your a good man.

Gator

• Little Chef
    Little Chef Posts: 4,725
    Options
    Wess...As you say, life is too short. Don't let one or two individuals deny the rest of the forum your knowledge. Don't let 'em get under your skin. ;)
  • Bordello
    Bordello Posts: 5,926
    Options
    Hi Wess,
    There forum members know what is going on here, don't let let the few override the many. Ignore the few that are bent on making trouble, you have many friends here.

Regards,
    Bordello
  • Unknown
    Options
    Wess,

Ignore the idiot and, if you have to, keep correcting bad advice. The noobs don't know and would get very discouraged if someone didn't step up.

You're at the top of the list of the people that "talk the talk and walk the walk."
  • EGGRPh
    EGGRPh Posts: 180
    Options
    I second that! Well said. Thanks Wess for all of the information that you have given us newbies. Yes there is some info given by others that needs clarification and you and other have been very helpful. Life is to short do not let one individual ruin it for you. Keep up the great work!

Stef in Brunswick, Oh
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    Options
    Wess why let a few win at the expense of others on this forum. Your experience is appreciated and well used. Hell you admonish me a couple of days ago on an “OT” post but in the next sentence you answered my question. I think OUR forum would be less without you. Don’t give in to the few; it seems that is the way of our county of late. We do not have to operate that way.
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• Dreggs
    Dreggs Posts: 147
    Options
    illegitimati non carborundum
  • jebbia
    jebbia Posts: 32
    Options
    Isn't there an ignore feature for people u want 2 avoid.You're posts here are 2 valuable 2 lose.I check your posts all the time plus alot of others on the forum.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Hang around, Wess.

Maybe the new little cherub will keep the troll busy for awhile. Tweev is probably instructing his wife how to be a mother right now.
  • Capt Frank
    Capt Frank Posts: 2,578
    Options
    B) Hang in there Wess, you can't let these trolls win. I always read your posts and your replys to others, knowing you are giving good advice learned from years of experience :)

Capt Frank
    Homosassa, FL
  • ResQue
    ResQue Posts: 1,045
    Options
    Are you alright brother? Call me if you need to talk.
  • BigGreenDon
    BigGreenDon Posts: 167
    Options
    Wess,

Clearly, we all value your contribution to this forum.

There is some wisdom in being non-reactive to Jeffersonian's posts for a while, however. Things have escalated way too far -- and even though you have signaled that you were "stopping", he continues to be a drama-queen on the feedback forum.

It is best for him to just "stop" this spat right now also. Not sure how he can't see that.

Don
  • Bobby-Q
    Bobby-Q Posts: 1,994
    Options
    Hi Wess,

The thing I noticed about this is the time put in. You've been through this before and you are still here, where as the mosquitoes come and go and never outlive the season.

A little Benadryl and some Deep Woods Off and you'll be fine. Trust me.
  • ResQue
    ResQue Posts: 1,045
    Options
    Crown Royal would work too!
  • Celtic Wolf
    Celtic Wolf Posts: 9,773
    Options
    Two people do not make a majority Wess.

Deep breath Bud.. As Bobby implied.. This too shall pass.
  • Humphrey Chimpden Earwicker
    Options
    Neither Wess nor Tweev have posted since last night. Perhaps Wess is Tweev!

think about it. It's all starting to make sense... :laugh:
  • Davecooksslow
    Options
    Wess, There are a lot us newbies out here that look for your posts. I read your post last night, before the responses poured in. This what I'd hoped, your friends and followers chime in let you know how much you have contributed and how we appreciate it.
  • Bacchus
    Bacchus Posts: 6,019
    Options
    St!ke, you might want to invest in some kevlar after that one. ;)

Wess, it's all good man. Don't stoop to the level of the trolls. You are better than that.
    Options
    ah c'mon. it's obvious i was kidding....

peeps around here are so touchy. hahaha
  • Bacchus
    Bacchus Posts: 6,019
    Options
    As was I(kidding). Are you the only one permitted to use the intent of dry/humorous sarcasm? Let me get my carbine out. :silly:
    Just trying to lighten the mood, albeit failing miserably as usual. Just shoot me. :)
  • Jeffersonian
    Jeffersonian Posts: 4,244
    Options
    Perhaps Wess is Tweev!

Brilliant! Granted, it would be Wess with a spelling, grammar and coherence checker (not to mention 46 undamaged chromosomes), but you might be on to something.
  • Celtic Wolf
    Options
    If'n I didn't know better Tweev could be Sally giving Wess a hard time
  • Celtic Wolf
    Options
    Ohh we don't appreciate him.. We just need someone to blame!!! :woohoo:

Just kidding Wess.. Really I am... Yep... :lol:
    Options
    nah. i knew you were kidding too, buti was just sure there were more than a few who have no irony (or sarcasm/satire or whatever category that falls under) meter
  • CBBQ
    CBBQ Posts: 610
    Options
    LOL. You may be on to something. I know everytime I get in an arguement with my wife I start getting Extend-EZ and enlargement ads.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Things really escalated way too far yesterday.

Re-reading yesterdays threads, it seems like >both< of you were acting like idiots. You should try re-reading them!

Only one of you two continues to stoke the fire today, however...

My sage BBQ advice is to shut the vent and close the daisy.

If you and Wess just make it practice to ignore each other's posts from now on, I think you will both be happier. If you have conflicting advice on a subject, just state your own advice. Why engage each other at all?
  • THA
    THA Posts: 198
    Options
    maybe they took my advice and set down toghther and had a beer. Maybe they made up but on the other hand, maybe it escuelated into a knock down drag out and both are laid up.

I suggested sharing a beer, but someone else suggested some Scotch, hmmm maybe one led to another and then anything goes.
  • WessB
    WessB Posts: 6,937
    Options
    I have been contacted by many members today. It's nice to see that some people really do care. I appreciate all of the posts here as well....Let's just see how things go for a bit...
  • FlaPoolman
    FlaPoolman Posts: 11,677
    Options
    Relax buddy, I think Bobby gave the best advice above.
    read a quote in a book sometime ago that was something like he's a walking colon and when you cut a colon all you get is covered in crap.
    Wanna come down and play with my new toy :woohoo: :woohoo:

getoffmylawn.jpg