Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Four day old egg

Options
BG Cop
BG Cop Posts: 8
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
So, I have had my large egg for four days. I have done ribeye, pork tenderlion, pizza and porterhouse. Everything has been great but the pork, by far, has been the best!

I knew I wanted an egg for a long time and I always heard the stories about how the food is soooo much better with an egg. thought that was a selling point. i have to tell you.....you were right. WOW! What a difference!

People at work think I am crazy for spending so much. i have to tell you I am a loyal egger for life!!

Comments

• Jai-Bo
    Jai-Bo Posts: 584
    Options
    That's a given that folks say that's crazy about the $$$!!! I got it too on this end...I tried to rationalize it to them that I was spending 350 fer a gas grill every 5 years so fer 2 gas grills that would not last, I bought a grill/smoker that will last!!! Then they taste the bounty from my egg and I have had a few comming around!!! :laugh: :P :laugh:
    Hunting-Fishing-Cookin' on my EGG! Nothing else compares!
  • kilts
    kilts Posts: 30
    Options
    Enjoy the new egg
    The people on the forum are a great help
  • Capt Frank
    Capt Frank Posts: 2,578
    Options
    Welcome to the madness, life as you know it is about to change, but I think you already know that :P :lol: :cheer:

Capt Frank
    Homosassa, FL
  • Cruzr
    Cruzr Posts: 91
    Options
    I just posted a cook with a similar results above. I've been here a month or so, still have a weber bullet, old kettle and a gasser. My wife wanted to know where the grill brush was. I told her it's in the gasser. :laugh:
  • cookn biker
    cookn biker Posts: 13,407
    Options
    It'll just get better!! Good to hear you are happy with your purchase!!
    FYI, keep or start excercising. B)
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
    LBGE, MBGE, SBGE , MiniBGE and a Mini Mini BGE
  • BENTE
    BENTE Posts: 8,337
    Options
    welcome to the forum.. and to the egg lifestyle!!

just wait till you take a smoked fattie with ragin river in to work one day.. your co-workers will no longer think you are crazy...

i have people come up to me everyday with food questions or they ask my opinion about stuff.. i actually took my platesetter and grate to my dads house. put them on his gas grill and cooked stuffed tostitos for fathers day.. wait till you get your second or third egg people will really think you have gone off the deep end.. :)

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

"Life is too short to be diplomatic. A man's friends shouldn't mind what he does or says- and those who are not his friends, well, the hell with them. They don't count."

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

• thechief96
    thechief96 Posts: 1,908
    Options
    I know what you mean by a second egg. Got mine awhile back and didn't open it until I built a table for "two". :woohoo:
    Dave San Jose, CA The Duke of Loney
  • BENTE
    BENTE Posts: 8,337
    Options
    it is ther third one i have problems explaining :pinch:

and my want for the fourth :ohmy:

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

"Life is too short to be diplomatic. A man's friends shouldn't mind what he does or says- and those who are not his friends, well, the hell with them. They don't count."

Tyrus Raymond Cobb