Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

But I only wanted one!

Options
Eggo Pacifico
Eggo Pacifico Posts: 9
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I've been lurking here for a couple of years at least, asking a few questions and dreaming of the day I would finally have an egg of my own.

Well, last Sunday, I wanted to stop by Eggs by the Bay to see about getting my first egg, a small to fit out on the balcony. My wife was rather down on the idea what with her back in school, my hours at work having been cut back 50% since last summer, and a hovering threat of termination. When we arrived at the store, Smitty was busy with a devoted pair of eggheads, who took time away from their business to try to convert me. Completely unnecessary, as I had been converted long, long ago, but I would never interrupt another egghead singing the praises of the BGE's. After they left, I asked Smitty about the prices, praying to myself that they hadn't gone up too much since the last time I had asked. When Smitty mentioned the price of large BGE, I saw my wife grab her cell phone and hurry out of the store. I wondered what was up, but was too busy talking eggs to think much about it.

A few minutes later my wife came back in from the parking lot and said she had told her mom to make room for an egg on her back patio, because not only were we buying a small for ourselves, but we were buying a large for me to cook on at my mom-in-laws house for family bbq's and holiday dinners. :woohoo:

And three days later my hours at work went back to full time, giving me the feeling there was some kind of cosmic cause and effect going on here. :)

Now if only I could decide what to cook first?!?!? Maybe roast chicken, hmmm.....

Comments