Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

1st Cedar Plank Salmon

Options
Fornia
Fornia Posts: 451
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I went direct with planks on the raised grid. Dome temp 375.

My wife is a F&B manager at a local golf club/resturant and she brought home some Norwegian salmon, frozen in portioned packs. The chef at her place says its currently on the menu (as opposed to a fish of the day) due to the consistent quality.
Simply seasoned with butter and Signore Bernardo's Salmon seasoning, and then added a sauce of Swt Baby Rays, Teriyaki, Soy, Garlic, S&P in the last half of cook.

It was awesome....the gang raved. I told em' its only gonna get better! B)

Next time I won't use the raised grid with the planks.
IMG_1190.jpg
IMG_1191.jpg

Comments

• cookn biker
    cookn biker Posts: 13,407
    Options
    Fun times getting there though!!
    Looks good! How was the flava?
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
    LBGE, MBGE, SBGE , MiniBGE and a Mini Mini BGE
  • Fornia
    Fornia Posts: 451
    Options
    It was great. Totally moist...not super fishy at all.

The family liked the sauce I threw on it...I'd prefer just a rub on it myself. But they're not real big on fish, so this was a HUGE step in the right direction.

Had this egg a month or so now...hasn't missed a beat on the outcome yet. I'm so glad I finally got on board.
  • duchunter
    duchunter Posts: 110
    Options
    Fornia, next time you do the salmon on a cedar plank glaze the fish while cooking with equal parts butter and maple syrup ( melt the butter then add maple syrup and heat in mircowave to blend well) it is amazing how it tastes and the kids will love it
    Pictures look great, the big thing with salmon or any fish is not to over cook! yours looks great!!!! :):):)

Egg Family: Large and Medium Eggs and a Bradley Smoker

• mr toad
    mr toad Posts: 780
    Options
    looks and sounds wonderful - i have done this with a "homemade" moroccan rub -

mr toad
    See no Evil - Hear no Evil - Speak no Evil
                        Smoke no Evil

BGE - Mini, Small, Medium, Large