Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Flanken Short Ribs Korean (Bulgogi) Style

Options
Little Chef
Little Chef Posts: 4,725
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Saw some flanken short ribs in the market that were just too pretty to pass up. I usually braise this cut, but I find braises a bit heavy for this warm summer weather. So to do something a bit different, I decided to marinate them for 24 hours in a mix of soy, mirin, pear nectar, tons and tons of garlic, etc....bulgogi style. Seared them on the egg.....

DSC02339.jpg
These were nice...pulled at med rare....and they were very "korean style"....not tough, but definately had tooth pull....

Served with some traditional (and some non traditional) sides.....raw slivered garlic, chili garlic paste, hoisin, Napa Kim Chee, pickled bean sprouts, lettuce, pickled kirby & red onion, pickled spicy daikon, black bean chili paste and steamed white rice..... (yeah...a lot of prep work :blink: )

DSC02340.jpg

We cut some of the meat from the bones to wrap in the lettuce leaves with all the other goodies. But I admit, my favorite was just gnawing the meat from the bones. :)

Thanks for looking...hope you enjoyed. Happy Egging!

Comments