Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Pizza Margherita

Options
ngm
ngm Posts: 19
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Last night I decided to try a go at pizza.

Egg ran for about an hour at 600F, with plate setter and baking stone.

Here's a standard bit of pizza dough, rolled out thin on a square of parchment:

IMG_0207.JPG

Brushed with EVOO, then sprinkled with mozzarella, then topped with some canned imported plum tomatoes mixed with more EVOO, some minced garlic, and some salt:

IMG_0208.JPG

It went on the baking stone for a few minutes. I slipped out the parchment and left it for another few minutes.

I'm afraid I forgot to take a picture of it cooked, but it was fantastic. Drizzled a little more EVOO and sprinkled with fresh basil leaves, julienned.

The crust was among the best I've ever had.

Comments

• gdenby
    gdenby Posts: 6,239
    Options
    Ow! geez, you get it going, and then don't get a shot of the finished pizze :ohmy:

But, congrats! and why did you slip out the parchment?
  • ngm
    Options
    gdenby wrote:
    Ow! geez, you get it going, and then don't get a shot of the finished pizze :ohmy:

Sorry, I had two pies to make and a hungry family buzzing around! Forgot to take the final pictures.

I really don't know. I had this idea in my head that some contact with the stone was somehow a good thing. Whether I was right or wrong I'll never know. :laugh:
  • ngm
    Options
    gdenby wrote:

Sorry, I had two pies to make and a hungry family buzzing around! Forgot to take the final pictures.

I really don't know. I had this idea in my head that some contact with the stone was somehow a good thing. Whether I was right or wrong I'll never know. :laugh:
  • Mr. & Mrs Potatohead
    Options
    You’ll have that every now and again…Sometimes even if the camera is out, you don’t take any pictures!
    I had the Egg “cooking” since early this morning and never took a pic
    Did about 8 lbs. of cheese first and then for dinner tonight; some venison sausage, twice baked potatoes and fresh asparagus from the garden…..And…Haven’t got a picture to prove it.
    At least you took “some” pictures!
    Good job!!!