Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Pizza pan drip pan?

Options
Boatman
Boatman Posts: 854
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Did I read that someone is using a pizza pan as a drip pan? I have a 16" pizza pan and was wondering if it is to big to use on a large, and will restrict air flow too much? Thoughts anyone B) TIA

Comments

• Kenny 13
    Kenny 13 Posts: 321
    Options
    I have one of the 16" round drip pans from the ceramic grill store. I've only used it a few times, but I really haven't had any problem with airflow being too restricted.
  • Boatman
    Boatman Posts: 854
    Options
    Great, I think I'll try it....thanks B)
  • Magnus Viridis Ovum
    Options
    I use a 16" round pizza pan when I need a lot of coverage (ribs, brisket). It fits neatly just inside the legs of an inverted platesetter.

It DOES affect airflow in my observations. I need to compensate and allow more air in when using it.
  • Grandpas Grub
    Grandpas Grub Posts: 14,226
    Options

I use a HD Stainless Steel deep dish pizza pan, for indirect cooking, drip pan, dutch oven holder. When I use it to catch anything I cover it with aluminum foil.

I like tjv's drip pans at The Ceramic Grill Store, if/when this wears out that's what I will pick up.

Here as a drip pan
    chicken1plug3rdeyeplug.jpg

Here as a support for the small diameter dutch oven holder
    chili1.jpg

GG